Author Topic: S mesh restretching in the Uk  (Read 1342 times)

Offline shirtshack

• Verified/Junior
S mesh restretching in the Uk
« on: January 05, 2016, 02:35:02 PM »
I'm finding it difficult to find a service in the UK that can restretch my static frames with Smesh, can any body point me in the right direction?

I may have to import a few bolts myself and use my large newman frame as a stretching jig to glue the mesh to the statics, even easier would be to use shurloc panels in my large newman, but that may be a bit wasteful, I'm not sure how much extra you pay panel vs bolt mesh?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: S mesh restretching in the Uk
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 02:37:22 PM »
S-Mesh is the proprietary thin thread mash from Murakami. They may be able to tell you if they know of someone in your area.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline shirtshack

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 02:42:08 PM »
I emailed them last month, no reply.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 08:30:42 PM »
Did you get in touch with Dave Roper already? He might know.

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 12:00:22 AM »
pm Al Buffington, he should be able to help you.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 12:26:05 PM »
For now importing the bolts and stretching in house would be the fastest. The Newman method works, but is a bit slow.  There are some good manual tables available that can do 2 at once and have lifting tables.  I do not advise stretching SMesh on a bar stretcher where the mesh will drag over a frame while it is being stretched.  Lifting tables or the Newman method you mention are preferred.  We sell in any length of mesh in 45, 53, 63 inch bolts.

Alan
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline shirtshack

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 02:03:05 PM »
thanks Alan, can i order the bolts from you?
looks like i am out of luck using the newman method as my roller master is the L2 and can only go up to a 25x33frame, so will not completely cover and sit over a static 23x31 frame..

I will just send my frames an the mesh together to be stretched by my usual supplier.

what brand and models should i looking for on those manual tables?

thanks in advance

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 06:26:55 PM »
Yes you can order from us, we do have 2 dealers in the UK, but both handle only emulsions.
We can work with them to stock for you locally.

Look for a stretcher that has a lifting table.  The manual Chinese ones with a pneumatic lifting table do a good job and are super accurate compared to pneumatic controlled bar stretchers (we sell the Chjinese stretchers, some are real good, some are a pain to use).   Avoid a shop who uses bar stretchers.  The fabric will be dragged across the corners of frames and any nicks or burrs can play havoc on S Mesh, T Mesh is fine, but thin thread mesh is fragile, it needs to be handled with care in stretching, in the shop and in reclaiming. For S Mesh it is better to bring it to tension then have the table and frame raise up into contact with the mesh for gluing.

S Mesh Handling Newsletter: http://murakamiscreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Stretching-S-and-LX-Meshes.pdf

Use a 2 part soft polyurethane glue.  Super glue can act like a knife on the inside edge of the frame if it allowed to flow out into the mesh.

We also sell screens pre-stretched, may pay to just order those and ship a pallet or 1/2 pallet, (100 screens full pallet, 50 screens half).  This will speed up the process.
However shipping of bolt mesh will be cheaper with a lower VAT.  I will contact my dealer to see if he can help out here so you have a source there.

Alan

Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com