Author Topic: Got into embroidery - LOVE IT!  (Read 2079 times)

Offline jvieira

Got into embroidery - LOVE IT!
« on: June 16, 2016, 05:54:31 PM »
We've been accepting embroidery orders for about 1.5 years now. It's grown so much it now represents about 10/15% of our total work.

We started off by outsourcing but found it impossible to continue to do so as everyone is either late delivering or they don't care about results.

Last month we bought our first embroidery machine. Not knowing exactly how many jobs we could do per day and how long it would take, we bought a 2 head machine. HUGE mistake! It's slow as hell! Well, called our vendor yesterday and asked if we could return it for a 4 head machine. Surprisingly they accepted the trade and will buy back the "old" machine at the same price we originally bought it :D

Super excited right now on how things are evolving! Super happy also with the quality we're putting into these orders.

Offline ffokazak

Re: Got into embroidery - LOVE IT!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 07:22:20 PM »
Congrats!

What kind of machine did you buy?

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 09:33:45 PM »
If you've got the space- go 6 headers!
You'll get to that 24, 48, 96 much faster.
Pay cash if you can, a 6 head isn't that much more, and over the years
the extra 2 will certainly add up.
Congrats

Offline jvieira

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 05:02:10 AM »
If you've got the space- go 6 headers!
You'll get to that 24, 48, 96 much faster.
Pay cash if you can, a 6 head isn't that much more, and over the years
the extra 2 will certainly add up.
Congrats

My embroidery guy told me the same, 6 head is the way to go. Money and space is the problem, unfortunately. We run screen printing, embroidery, dtg, vinyl and plastisol transfers in a "small-ish" place.
Space is at a premium right now and there's so many other investments to be made, it's crazy.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 05:06:12 AM »
If you are in the market for another 4 head I have on in great shape that is doing nothing everyday.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline jvieira

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 04:42:35 PM »
If you are in the market for another 4 head I have on in great shape that is doing nothing everyday.
mooseman

I'm in Europe so that would be a no

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 08:19:04 AM »
mooseman

I'm in Europe so that would be a no

you are going to let a little thing like a few thousand miles of open ocean slow you down?  ;D
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.