Author Topic: workhorse manual  (Read 19412 times)

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: workhorse manual
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2011, 04:24:49 PM »
Thanks for the info. Im going to replace all of them all and start off with fresh ones , replacing all the nylon gate bolts too.

Painting the base in an hour or so, will post up pics.

Already sick and tired of cleaning spray tack , got a headache from the press wash. As expensive as presses are why someone would want to use that nasty crap is beyond me.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2011, 04:47:33 PM »
I think it's just ignorance.

Most of us started out with the spray tack.

Then we all joined a posting board and found out there was something better.....and why.

Even though I now use a waterbase tack now, my press still has some old spray tack on the arms.  Some from the previous owner, some from me......I need to clean it.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2011, 05:43:24 PM »
I'll still use web spray for fleese but I spray very carefully, least you can control where that goes. If I get a few spot on the arm Im right there cleaning it up. Maybe I have neat freak issues lol...

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2011, 06:17:32 PM »
I think Andy has posted about taking a piece of cardboard and cutting out the center to fit over the platen like a shield when you spray.  Excess stays on the cardboard.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2011, 10:26:43 PM »

what the paint looked like before

new paint

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2011, 11:02:34 PM »

what the paint looked like before

new paint

That's nice and all, but tell us more about the Gretsch kit....
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2011, 11:16:57 PM »
That is my second Gretsch Kit a Catalina Maple ( 10" and 12"toms , 14" and 16" floor toms , 22" kick)  with Pork Pie "little squeeler" snare . Picked up this shell kit in mint condition  off criags list for 300.00 , retails for close to a grand. Some rich guy bought them couldnt play them due to a shoulder condition, hardly a mark on the drum heads. Came with and extra matching birch 12" tom (know anyone wanting a 12" tom?). Love these drums , they sound awesome and full.

My son rocking them.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 11:31:23 PM by endless ink printing »

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2011, 01:59:20 AM »

My son rocking them.

Awesome.

I play a 14 rack, 18 floor and 24 kick.

My main kit:

All my kits:
PP Platinum, Tama Granstar Custom (1989 era) and the maple kit I built a few years ago.

There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2011, 01:50:25 PM »
Something tells me you like black.

Whats cool about having so many drums on my set I can experiment with different set ups. Being a punkrock drummer I'll rock the slimmed down one tom, snare, kick and one floor but at practice I got em all up there to screw around and geek out with (might as well). When I play out I bring the basics, what one can do with less is more impressive than who can bring the biggest set up not to mention to much set up time between band's sets.

Thinking about buying a 24" kick drum and building 2 sets out of my one , one for practice and one for playing out. My wife grounded me from buying any more drum gear lol just dumped too much on those A Customs. I'm in 2 active and recording bands , can't be playing junk B8's lol.

One of my crappy bands www.stolenbikes2000.bandcamp.com
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 01:55:59 PM by endless ink printing »

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2011, 02:13:55 PM »
But can you do this?  Takes 23 seconds to load up before anything moves.  If you watch, be sure an get past halfway.  At that point they actually play drum duet taking turns.  Back in 2007, they were in Houston and my son's band, Dine Alone opened for them.

GODSMACK- - Erna & Larkin- - Percussion Duet (Drum Solo) (The video's owner prevents external embedding)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 02:16:28 PM by screenxpress »

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2011, 02:30:20 PM »
Those clowns have nothing on this guy lol

BUDDY RICH IMPOSSIBLE DRUM SOLO *HQ*

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2011, 02:32:28 PM »
Something tells me you like black. [/url]

Ya think?  :D

Gloss black (Tama), matte black (the custom built kit) and sparkle black (PDP):

The Tama kit is pretty much retired. I toured/recorded on it from 1990 to 2007. The thing is just beat to hell.

My main snare is solid bloodwood:

I play all Paiste 2002's.
24" Ride
22" Ride
20" Ride
2 old 22" Power Rides cut down to 17" (hi hats)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2011, 02:38:32 PM »
Those clowns have nothing on this guy lol

BUDDY RICH IMPOSSIBLE DRUM SOLO *HQ*
That was pretty freakin awesome though lol

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2011, 02:40:27 PM »
I have a paiste 2002 18" ride , hate it! Want it?  I have a paiste 14" bottom high hat too its from the series that the 2002 replaced.

My current hats are 15" master sounds , I have have pair of 13"s too for recording, though I miss my Newbeats.

All of my 3 crashes are 18"  (dark crash , normal , and a fast crash) , a Sabian 19" Paragon China (neal peart signature) and Sabian HH ride (changing this one when Im alowed)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 02:45:15 PM by endless ink printing »

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2011, 02:48:05 PM »
I have a paiste 2002 18" ride , hate it! Want it?
No thanks. Too small.

;D