Author Topic: Roq Electric Print Heads  (Read 6059 times)

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Roq Electric Print Heads
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2016, 06:42:06 PM »
Yep, that's an awesome feature.  I wonder how much it would be used, however, with CTS.  Even with a good pre-reg and film I can see it getting some decent work but with CTS I would hope to not have to use it that much.  If I bought an Sroque I think I'd have to have that feature (assuming it doesn't cost $5K per head or close to that).

we thought that that too....but we've yet to set up a job that's 100% perfect non micro needed with a CTS and g3

Then your doing something wrong. We still use carrier sheets and hit dead nuts reg all the time............. ;)
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2016, 06:50:29 PM »
Yep, that's an awesome feature.  I wonder how much it would be used, however, with CTS.  Even with a good pre-reg and film I can see it getting some decent work but with CTS I would hope to not have to use it that much.  If I bought an Sroque I think I'd have to have that feature (assuming it doesn't cost $5K per head or close to that).

we thought that that too....but we've yet to set up a job that's 100% perfect non micro needed with a CTS and g3

i 100% wouldn't doubt it, but we've never had a perfect set up on press.

Then your doing something wrong. We still use carrier sheets and hit dead nuts reg all the time............. ;)
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline nvenda

• Verified/Junior
  • ROQing the screen printing world since 1983
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2016, 04:48:37 AM »
Questions, if there's an s.roq person on here to answer:
  • What if the electronic micro goes down, can you work manually or would you just have to unclamp and adjust by hand?
  • Can you hit a button and zero all the print heads?  Biggest problem with zeroing here is the tedium of going around each head, having a big, easy button to do it would ensure it happened every time.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the ability to dead zero the machine's heads make a pin style clamping system superior to the 3 point jig and traditional clamps?

Hi,

Good questions that I am not able to answer :P but I do know the chief of project for ROQ and sat down with him and talked a bit about your questions and here are the answers. I hope that they are what you are looking for:

• If the system goes down, you can only lock and unlock the screen and of course, call the nearest ROQ technician to sort the matter out!
  • Yes you can. That "button" is in the main console. You do not need to run around the machine zeroing all printheads

The machines with the electronic microregistration system are always supplied with pin system or UNIREG that assures a precise repositioning each time the screen is locked.
The UNIREG system from ROQ combines pins for the precision and clamps for the easy locking.

Thank you for your questions and please if you need additional information, feel free to ask anything! :)

and

Keep ROQing!!!
Marketing Manager at ROQ

http://roqinternational.com

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2016, 08:08:11 AM »
this is a really cool system.

I think the read out on the head control panel is cool too... looks from the video that you can visually see that you shifted .001".

I've often thought about rigging up digital dial indicators connected to the plate that the micros are attached to on our press... so that if you are trying to shift a hair, you actually can see that you either over shot or undershot what you're doing.

is a press with this system going to be at ISS?

Offline nvenda

• Verified/Junior
  • ROQing the screen printing world since 1983
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2016, 09:17:32 AM »
The machines that will be present at Long Beach all have regular printheads.
But there you will be able to see the ROQpress Foil, the ROQflock and the new ROQpress IRON.

Keep on ROQing!!!
Marketing Manager at ROQ

http://roqinternational.com

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2016, 02:34:22 PM »
Anybody out there using these electric micros?

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2016, 02:51:12 PM »
Anybody out there using these electric micros?

Are you talking about the motorized micros or just the standard micros with digital position readouts on the front of the head?

I've been able to play with both and the non motorized w/ electric readout is super nice. I still like turning a knob so that might be why I like the standard setup better then the motors. The new eco's have some really nice updates that allow lots of communication with the flashes, print from control panel, flash from control panel, etc..... Roq has been taking all the feedback we have been giving them and really kicking ass with the updates

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2016, 03:01:03 PM »
Rad.  Just spoke with Mark and the going forward setup is standard micros with digital readouts.  I like it. 

Also glad to hear about flash control from the panel.  Additionally, it sounds like a "send platen to load" is either an option or soon to be. 

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2016, 03:25:43 PM »
This would have been great for us 7 years ago, but with the CTS and a finely tuned press, we have been touching micros less and less. Its now to a level that human error is most likely the culprit.  It wasn't always that way, but I went on a mission and found the areas of trouble, fixed them, and now were laughing with setups.

The factor for me would be cost. I love new tech, and love having the new toys... but at 5K a head for something I would barely use it is tough to pull that trigger.

It is nice to see advancing tech in the way of presses... It always seems to reach a standstill for a few years. ( yes I know MHM Guys... You did this first ;)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2016, 04:02:15 PM »

It depends. If we had stayed with a pin system(I still CAN NOT STAND removing a pallet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) this would of been crucial. It lets you find "ultimate zero", which was the downside of a CTS and pin system. If you microed a head, then it would always be off for future jobs unless you were able to bring it back to exactly where you started.

Thing I miss about the pin system, is we never had to check level or center when setting up a 1 or 2 color. BAM, it was just there. The pallets never came off.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2016, 04:31:56 PM »
Rad.  Just spoke with Mark and the going forward setup is standard micros with digital readouts.  I like it. 

Also glad to hear about flash control from the panel.  Additionally, it sounds like a "send platen to load" is either an option or soon to be.

Yeah the send pallet around the press is also on the new software.... Super good feature with larger presses so you arent walking around the entire press to go look at a test print on the other side..... And yeah, the new ecos have faster indexers then the one in my shop along with some nice software updates. New eco/ovals have the digital readouts all standard with the traditional knobs to adjust which I like the feature.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2016, 04:53:39 PM »
Thing I miss about the pin system, is we never had to check level or center when setting up a 1 or 2 color. BAM, it was just there. The pallets never came off.

Yep, my only plus on the pin side.

Not having GOTO on the MHMs makes me want to beat them constantly.