Author Topic: Can this be done in 6 colors?  (Read 1930 times)

Offline push_pull

• Verified/Junior
Can this be done in 6 colors?
« on: January 28, 2016, 05:40:13 PM »
Had this one land in my email today, customer wants to know if we can make it happen on a white shirt.  We have an 8/10 gauntlet, which can do 7 colors if we really need it to.  Whaddaya think?

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Re: Can this be done in 6 colors?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 05:58:22 PM »
Had this one land in my email today, customer wants to know if we can make it happen on a white shirt.  We have an 8/10 gauntlet, which can do 7 colors if we really need it to.  Whaddaya think?

For white shirt I would print cmyk and add a couple neon spots to give it some pop...... You shouldn't have any problem with that going on white with limited screens

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 06:34:00 PM »
I agree with Danny, but the real key is getting good seps, if you can get good seps this print screams!!! cmyk all day.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 06:41:04 PM »
I'm with Danny also.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline push_pull

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 06:45:01 PM »
That's what I was thinking, 4cp with a neon blue and neon green.  Honestly I haven't had enough experience with the "neon sign" effect to be convinced that it's conveyable beyond my backlit lcd screen.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 11:14:38 AM »
Yep. YMCK and two spots.  I would however, suggest to them that you fade the edges or add some outer texture to add to the outer shape so that you do not have just a square on a shirt.  This will scream miss placement when you toss on some angled shirt placements.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 11:16:40 AM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline push_pull

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2016, 05:07:45 PM »
Thanks everyone! I'll end up outsourcing the seps, any suggestions?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2016, 05:43:49 PM »
Thanks everyone! I'll end up outsourcing the seps, any suggestions?

I suggest Dot-Tone Dan.  He's "the best", :)  but other printers say others are "the best" also. Really, all good separators are pretty consistent and have their "best days" and some have a day here and there where they are only " very good", but all are human and can make an occasional mistake and forget or overlook something.

I've re done a sep job first given to best of them and I'd bet that somewhere out there, some separator has re separated something I did also at some time. There are various reasons for that and it's hard to pin down with an overall statement so I'd say each case has it's reasons. Each printer has their preferred separator for different reasons.

So, who is the best?  Here is a list of those who specialize in seps.

Me, (humbly).
Serichrome Seps
Mark Coudrey's NetSeps although you can get the seps from him that are given more precise attention at a higher rate.
Scott at Myseps.
Rising Sun
Scott Fresener even offers a sep service.

Others can add on any that you can remember. There are more, but the above are what comes to mind.

Dan
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850