Artist > Art for free/trade/donation

Free download for the halftone test file.

<< < (2/2)

jvanick:
I've been getting some very nice 85lpi results on 225S.. have to work.on my 30% and above calibration...  (thanks to Pierre for pointing this out) but the mesh certainly holds the dots all the way down to some really low #s.

Give it a try, you'll be surprised that the normal rules don't seem to apply with thin thread mesh.

Dottonedan:

--- Quote from: jvanick on January 26, 2016, 10:11:56 PM ---I've been getting some very nice 85lpi results on 225S.. have to work.on my 30% and above calibration...  (thanks to Pierre for pointing this out) but the mesh certainly holds the dots all the way down to some really low #s.

Give it a try, you'll be surprised that the normal rules don't seem to apply with thin thread mesh.

--- End quote ---

That's what I'm talking about. 85 lpi on a 225?  Crazy good.

Maff:

--- Quote from: jvanick on January 26, 2016, 09:40:04 PM ---I think the bigger question with the smaller dots and more open area means that the smallest dots can literally fall in the middle of the mesh.

--- End quote ---

ahhh right, so those areas that are mostly black (90% and up) will get lost more easily with more open mesh area since there is nothing to hold on to. I guess you could go in and adjust the curves to bring the darkest areas of the design down a bit.

Yeah I have just started using S-mesh and finding the 225s to be great for white uderbase halftone screens and have been pushing the LPI higher on them than I would previously. 

JBLUE:
55 LPI here on 180-S with no issues.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version