Author Topic: Transfer Express Numbers...  (Read 6613 times)

Offline Maff

• !!!
Re: Transfer Express Numbers...
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 08:16:17 PM »
We use pre cut vinyl numbers from Stahls. They have many options for all different types of materials. Never had any issues....

Offline chubsetc

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2016, 08:27:03 PM »
Ditto here, have had numerous problems in the last few months with certain new number packs either not adhering properly or very very low opacity.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2016, 03:07:41 PM »
Pierre, didn't you say someone from there was coming to these boards to address this, its real, that's why people keep coming forward.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2016, 04:29:45 PM »
Lot's of issues recently.  We've used them for years without much to complain about but within the last year the product has gotten so bad I'm ready to bail on them.  I think the vinyl cut numbers might be our next option.  We have so many numbers that have huge chunks missing and opacity has been a real issue for poly garments.  Seems like the issues we have would disappear with the cut material, whether it's actually vinyl or some other material. 

A couple months back we had an issue with white bella t's, a high end shirt with a very tight, smooth weave.  The numbers would not adhere no matter how long, how hot, or how much pressure.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2016, 04:30:49 PM »
Pierre, didn't you say someone from there was coming to these boards to address this, its real, that's why people keep coming forward.

I reached out to their publicist and forwarded the link. 'have not heard anything back.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2016, 06:12:16 PM »
2 freakin years ive been dealing with these issues. Do not seem to have a problem with the numbers releasing on 100% poly, but damn when i put it on a 50/50 its just crap.

Ive called all the time about this.

Ive been using them since i started about 10 years ago. No problems with anything until about 2 years ago. I called to see if they changed something and they said no..

They said its my heat press, ummmmm  not its not.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2016, 06:49:06 PM »
they are lying, and yes they did change something, about a year or 2 ago they changed the name of whatever they call the different kinds of numbers, they said it was only a name change, but the problems started happening shortly after.  They should have to pay for all the jerseys that get ruined and the business we lose because you never know how they will look until its to late.  Used to be AWESOME!  But now its junk.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2016, 09:20:44 AM »
its pretty obvious that they are not going to address these issues, I will show up at their booth in Nashville with a stack of the SHITE numbers and have them apply them right there on the floor with a crowd watching.  Trust me, this will happen!  Anyone coming to Nashville that wants to join me, let me know.  The more the better.

Offline mpot

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2016, 10:50:32 AM »
You can add me to the list of "unhappy".  Placed the number 13 on a jersey, the 1 was so thin and the the 3 was fine, looked pretty stupid on the shirt. 

Matt

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2016, 11:54:18 AM »
its pretty obvious that they are not going to address these issues, I will show up at their booth in Nashville with a stack of the SHITE numbers and have them apply them right there on the floor with a crowd watching.  Trust me, this will happen!  Anyone coming to Nashville that wants to join me, let me know.  The more the better.
lol this is such a good idea.  If they have like half a dozen shops show up throughout the day all making a scene about their shitty numbers I bet it would get at least some attention...

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2016, 02:20:07 PM »
Just received this from them.

Hi

We haven’t had any issues and haven’t changed anything.  Could the shirt be sublimated?  If so you would need sub block numbers.      Let me know what you are numbering and I can help

Thank You

Stahls’ Transfer Express
TransferExpress.com | Free Online Class – March 10th – You Want It Where? Heat Transfer Placement and Location

New!  Transfer Express Apparel

Join our Heat Printing Community

Our Blog | Ted Stahls’ Blog | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Slide Share

Email: info@TransferExpress.com

Phone: 1-800-622-2280

Hours: 8am - 7pm EST, M-F

ece.png

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2016, 02:47:02 PM »
That is a piss poor response right there........ Looks like we might need to start making printed numbers LOL

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2016, 02:52:05 PM »
Hi

We have not changed anything but you do need to get the right product for the job.   We can help, if using sublimated polyester like dirkdiggler is using, the shirts are changing and we do have different products for the new shirt types, but it is not goof proof.

Thank You

Stahls’ Transfer Express
TransferExpress.com | Free Online Class – March 10th – You Want It Where? Heat Transfer Placement and Location

Our Blog | Ted Stahls’ Blog | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Slide Share

ece.png

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2016, 02:53:13 PM »
If it is 100% polyester have you tried  Elasti Prints which are specifically made for this material and apply at a lower temperature to   I can send you a white sample, I think it will work better.  As polyester has got more popular the material is changing to achieve low cost points.    We developed Elasti Prints and Sub Block for this purpose.

Thank You

Stahls’ Transfer Express

ece.png

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2016, 02:55:11 PM »
in there defense, they are trying to give me answers, but the issue is opacity.   Every printer here with these problems knows that.  I have a stack of numbers to show them and I will.  Again, just seeking solutions, not problems.