Author Topic: Laying out shirts  (Read 891 times)

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Laying out shirts
« on: February 27, 2016, 10:54:25 AM »
Do you have a specific way to do this?  If so, is it "newbie" friendly?  Looking for more options as I have been out of production for a while.  I have temps doing this and there is no consistency.  What are some of your tricks?  The loader has to stop quite a bit due to hems that are not flat.  I have total newbies that I am training.  I remember quite a few ways that I did this and was wondering if there were some ways that I don't know.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Laying out shirts
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 11:18:31 AM »
The loader has to stop quite a bit due to hems that are not flat. 

if somebody does this to me, they get shamed BADLY... I HATE stopping when I'm in cadence with the press...  heck, I'd love to have a flogger near the press just for that reason LOL.

Offline Underbase37

Re: Laying out shirts
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 01:41:29 PM »
My feeling is, you are getting payed to lay shirts out, do it my way or go home.

As far as just laying shirts out, your job is to lay shirts out quickly, in order and cleanly.

This means pulling the shirts out of the box by the dozens they come in and laying them out to a table one dozen at a time, unfolding them with no sleeves or ends tucked in, the bottom hem clean and untucked as well, flattening out anything  that is wrinkled in the body of the shirt and making sure each dozen is the correct side up, and the correct size.

Repeat, until three boxes are laid out on one table ( change this to two boxes if needed, but whatever you do keep it the same on all tables ). Making sure stacks are neat and uniform, when you stack the next stack on top of the last, put it directly on top of the last, not slightly lower or higher, left or right, " directly on top ". At the end of a table it should look like a cookie cutter just cut that stack, not like a badly shuffled deck of cards.

This is an Orchestra, everything  mater's, I'm the conductor, play things at my tempo or I will find someone who will.
( This is not to be rude, when I'm in your shop I will play at your tempo. )

This may seem like a lot of info just to lay out shirts, trust me its not, and it's not that hard, lay out one table as I asked and the rest will follow in suit.

Yes things change a bit with smaller orders. ( but not much )

Murphy
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 01:48:09 PM by Underbase37 »