Author Topic: Online Shopping For Supplies  (Read 3904 times)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Online Shopping For Supplies
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2016, 12:07:31 PM »
another thing about going local for my shop. We are on an inventory management system. I have a list of products we use, for example they supply me with 8 single gallon pails of IC white ink. Once every 2 weeks they come in and do a reading on how many we used, bill me for those and replace the item. We have everything on this system so i will never run out of a product again. This is super helpful in the busy months. I have a warehouse full of products I can use any time we need them, but I didn't shed a dime for them. It took some time to get the products right but this system is awesome for us and it prevents me from going online for anything.. I'm sure other guys do this too
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Prōdigium

• Something New Is Coming.....Prōdigium
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2016, 01:58:33 AM »
another thing about going local for my shop. We are on an inventory management system. I have a list of products we use, for example they supply me with 8 single gallon pails of IC white ink. Once every 2 weeks they come in and do a reading on how many we used, bill me for those and replace the item. We have everything on this system so i will never run out of a product again. This is super helpful in the busy months. I have a warehouse full of products I can use any time we need them, but I didn't shed a dime for them. It took some time to get the products right but this system is awesome for us and it prevents me from going online for anything.. I'm sure other guys do this too

Having a local supplier to help manage your supply inventory is indeed a nice example of customer service, and one I know several suppliers to offer to their 1st tier customers, and often other clients located round them. There can be no doubt that support from a real person can never be matched online. But to be honestly inventory tracking and usage is something that can be best managed by a software program, its part of a process called lean manufacturing.

Curious as to why you would select 8-single gallon buckets of ink, when you "should" get a lower per-gallon price on a 5-G pail?
Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2016, 08:12:46 AM »

Curious as to why you would select 8-single gallon buckets of ink, when you "should" get a lower per-gallon price on a 5-G pail?

convenience. ease of use. I get the same price as buying in 5's.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2016, 11:23:38 AM »
I agree, I hate buying 5 gal buckets of anything rather deal with the gal bucket
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2016, 04:51:45 PM »
I agree, I hate buying 5 gal buckets of anything rather deal with the gal bucket
Diddo on the 5 gal what a mess

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2016, 12:32:41 AM »
I no longer buy online unless I stumble upon a product that I have used that a supplier is discontinuing and has it on clearance.

Bought from Ryonet when I first started 7 years ago and loved the website...then. Now I see they have a new website and I absolutely think it's horrible. Poor navigation I think.

I'm in the process of revamping our website and rebranding ourselves and the task is pretty involved. You don't realize how much stuff you have to deal with when tackling that work.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 12:36:17 AM by Prosperi-Tees »