Author Topic: New technology shows importance of understanding exposure.  (Read 1123 times)

Offline DouglasGrigar

• Can you test, repeat, and measure it? fact or not?
New technology shows importance of understanding exposure.
« on: April 08, 2016, 12:21:30 AM »
So we have some issues solved (or more accurately addressed in ways that would make any customer service oriented person happy).

What can we learn.

First - the technology is here, it is not going anywhere, and all of us from emulsion makers, to manufacturers, to end users are learning about and dealing with the impact.

I feel my point about LED exposure having an impact on what we learn about our industry will continue to stand and in the end will prove to be what I expected similar to the discovery of higher tension on mesh/retensionable frames and how that continues to impact our industry to this day.

Second - It has a place, and that place may well be more general than expected. To be honest while MH exposure units have specific performance parameters, most of the units were sold due to the speed of exposure as the primary motivation for the buyer/user.

What are we shaking out?

Speed - got that and that is satisfying a good 98% of the general production garment printing market.

Emulsions - depending on the unit, clearly some emulsions show some surprising results, many very unexpected.

Positives - the positives we use, how they are made and the importance of the contrast from D-min to D-max becoming a very big issue.

Testing - what tests are working, what are the tests doing (actually), and what tests are repeatable and reliable.
When there are no standards, you must make them!