Author Topic: Union Process Black- what has changed over the years?  (Read 1061 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Union Process Black- what has changed over the years?
« on: April 17, 2016, 09:41:22 PM »
The last pot of Union Process Black we had in stock was pre-phathalate free inks. The ink was almost in soup like state. Now we got a pot of PRPE-8080 the phathalate free version and it`s the total opposite, super stiff almost not printable, well at least not by hand through high mesh count which it is obviously designed for. Just wondering if it is supposed to be like that of maybe my ink is just off?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 10:16:32 PM by Rockers »

Offline Ross_S

Re: Union Process Black- what has changed over the years?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 08:59:38 AM »
I've seen that before.  Just put it in the screen and run a few test prints with it and see if it breaks down and becomes more friendly.  You can sit there and try to stir the hell out of it but I'd rather just do a few test prints with it.

I've seen this on my Wilflex Process Black not Union so this is what worked for us.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 09:23:48 AM »
I tried that. As a matter of fact I was so brave to do a run of 30 pcs which to be honest sucked. No improvement at all in terms of printability of the ink.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 09:48:12 AM »
On issues like this, I  call and talk to tech. Have lot #'s ready.

Then, with you being in Japan, this must have been shipped by boat in containers, and I wonder about the possibility of extreme temperatures enroute.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Ross_S

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 03:19:40 PM »
Sounds like it froze or something

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 07:33:25 PM »
That`s my thought too. Had the same issue once with Wilflex Performance white and base. They shipped plane from their China factory and aged a lot during flight. Were both unusable.
Just wanted to check for with you guys first as we are not using Process colors that often.
Cheers, feeling a lot more confident to complain to the distributer over here.