Author Topic: Don't they ever quit?  (Read 3197 times)

Offline shirtz

Don't they ever quit?
« on: April 20, 2016, 10:14:24 AM »

Hello Sales,

This is Gerald and am looking to purchase for some t-shirts.I want them shipped to PA.Hope you can help me with that.Colors wanted are below:

Daisy (500 Pieces All Adults Small Gildan Or Jerzee cotton/poly)

Vintage Red Heather  (500 Pieces All Adults Medium Gildan Or Jerzee cotton/poly)

Please let me know if you can order those for me and let me know the totals in addition with shipping to this address;  Kingsley Adjei, 3030 CLAYTON ST, EASTON PA 18045-2525

Also advise with the type of charge cards you take.
Warm regards,

Gerald Pam

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Re: Don't they ever quit?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 10:38:11 AM »
At least they wanted two colors and two sizes instead of the standard all white and all smalls bullshit they usually send :D

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 11:40:31 AM »
'got the same thing . . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 12:06:21 PM »
OK,
So I have never had this happen to me yet, but Im just curious... What are these guys expecting out of these emails? Someone stupid enough to give them a price then ship them shirts, and never pay for them?

Just curious...

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 12:42:23 PM »
As I understand it this is part one of a larger scam.  I'm not really sure how they are making it worth their time though since the second part seems to be some kind of "i will send you a check for more than the printing costs, but you need to give some portion of the overage to the delivery driver when he drops off the shirts" scam.  You see the same thing on craigslist all the time too.  In the end though it seems like they usually only benefit by a few hundred bucks that you've given the delivery guy.  You would have to be really stupid to fall for it though considering how convoluted the whole thing is vs a standard order, especially since you aren't supposed to sell blank shirts anyway, and getting shirts delivered by a private courier who you are for who knows what reason supposed to pay in cash instead of them just paying the driver directly etc just sends up tons of red flags.

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 12:58:11 PM »
Its crazy how much "work" people are willing to put in to screw somebody over, rather than just getting a job and actually working and earning a living... ???

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 01:21:15 PM »
one a day here...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 01:42:34 PM »
so would it be the wrong thing to do to actually 'give into' one of these scams, load the boxes with bricks and a few shirts, and 'track' them?

(maybe with a baseball bat)?

same deal with credit card scammers... would love to track them guys down too and 'give 'em some justice'

-J

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 04:59:35 PM »
so would it be the wrong thing to do to actually 'give into' one of these scams, load the boxes with bricks and a few shirts, and 'track' them?

(maybe with a baseball bat)?

same deal with credit card scammers... would love to track them guys down too and 'give 'em some justice'

-J
or a couple of cases full of horseshit.

Offline shirtz

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 08:18:19 PM »
Funny we had a local competitor come by one saying that he had 500 white smalls for sale. He's no longer in business.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2016, 01:34:51 AM »
My local supplier said a guy locally send shirt to them. Got screwed. I have to ask him again about it.

I have had these emails close to monthly for more then 6 years. I can't imagine its profitable for them at all.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2016, 08:21:49 AM »
We get a few of these, but right now we get the ones for power banks and thumb drives

Offline SI

• !!!
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2016, 08:46:38 AM »
I got one yesterday with a different tactic, almost looked real until the last email.

"Hello am sharon and i will like you to do a screen printing for my son birthday i have a 150 shirt i will like you to print Jeff is 10 years old on it  front and also are you the manager or the owner and also do you accept credit card payment and here is the artwork attached.

Thanks
Sharon"

Told her the price and she followed with this.

"Thank you for your prompt response to my request. I want you to know that I'm OK with the total price. I will like to make the full payment now with my credit card  so i could be assured i have booked down the date and set for the event. I would have paid the Transport Driver already but they don't accept credit card as a method of payment,  except cash  I have a quite tight schedule and also i will have to undergo surgery in few days so i want to make sure everything is set before i go for the surgery. I will like you to add an extra $3000 for the Transport Driver that will be bring the shirt down to you for the Printing, because he is doing other things for me that day  the $3000 would be the driver's fee, And also you would help me send it via cash deposit to the driver. I will like to give you extra $100  as a tip for helping me with cater for this and also is gonna take 2 working day for my credit card to clear into your account  so that you can have the $3000 sent cash deposit to the driver for him to be able to drive the shirt to your shop let me know if you would like the form of credit card  as a for of payment so that we can proceed

Thanks

Sharon"

Told whoever it is I only take cash and that stopped the emails instantly

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2016, 09:22:42 AM »
The "Warm Regards" at the end is the big red flag for me. 
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline shirtz

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2016, 04:32:12 PM »
yeah it means you're about to get burned lol