Author Topic: Don't they ever quit?  (Read 3196 times)

Offline larryk

• !!!
Re: Don't they ever quit?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2016, 05:57:27 PM »
Not just small stuff anymore...... I listed my house for sale with a local realtor a couple of years ago and it had not been on the market for 2 days.... Realtor comes in with great news... have a buyer and he will pay full price.. 650,000 .... and it's a cash sale! He will put down 30,000 earnest money until he can get here to close on it!..... I read the contract the realtor had wrote up and a couple of things struck me as familiar... sure enough, this guy was from China and the entire thing just sounded like the scams from some other places... like the T-shirt ones. Realtor told me I was just too skeptical and should learn to trust people, not everyone is a crook. I told him before we signed that contract he better do some research on this guy. Well low and behold in less than an hour he called me back and thanked me. Not sure how they do it but they pay the earnest money with a credit card and then in a couple of days they call the realtor back with some sob story about a sick wife or kid and have them send the earnest money back via a cash transfer...... So us shirt venders are just small fry for all those scammers trying to rob people. If it sounds too good, it usually is!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2016, 07:51:11 PM »
that's about the time you should start shopping real estate agents...

Offline larryk

• !!!
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2016, 12:12:23 PM »
that's about the time you should start shopping real estate agents...

Not a lot of choices for realtors in Great Bend, KS.......... but he did finally get the house sold.