Author Topic: TEE SHIRT TEMPLATE TO ( OR CLOSE) TO SCALE  (Read 1234 times)

Offline GrafXnj

TEE SHIRT TEMPLATE TO ( OR CLOSE) TO SCALE
« on: June 01, 2016, 12:50:52 PM »
TEE SHIRT TEMPLATE TO  ( OR CLOSE) TO SCALE

IM LOOKING FOR ANY INFO  ON TEMPLATES OF  MOST MAJOR BRANDS  OR ANY BRAND, WHERE THE TEMPLATE OF THE TEE  IS CLOSE TO SCALE,  CUSTOMERS CONSTANTLY  SEND ME  MOCK UPS  WITH SHIRTS OFF GOOGLE IMAGES  THAT ARE EITHER  TOO LONG ( LIKE FOR A 7 FOOTER)  OR  TOO SHORT AND WIDE,  THEN THEY SAY, NO  I WANT IT TO LOOK LIKE THAT,,  I MADE 1 UP  BUT WAS LOOKING TO SEE IF THERE ARE ANY CLIPARTS OR RESOURCES 
THANKS

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
Re: TEE SHIRT TEMPLATE TO ( OR CLOSE) TO SCALE
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 12:59:56 PM »
GoMedia has some great templates in all shapes and sizes.  Here's their standard tee template.

http://arsenal.gomedia.us/shop/mockup-templates/mens-t-shirt-flat-templates/

You can also find plenty of free ones around the web with a quick google search for "free t-shirt template".  The templates which are based on actual shirt photos are always going to be the best for scale.

In addition to the above, if you have an account at Alpha, they have hi-res downloads on the product page of pretty much everything in their catalog which I use all the time for quick mockups.  Just click the "download hi-res" button under the product image.
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 01:02:29 PM »
I measured a large at 21"-22" seam to seam (top of shoulders). Large is always my standard and is my starting point.

I then size my images at a size easily figured, usually about 4". Then my art is usually 2.4" wide for 12".
I generally now use the jpgs supplied by distributors or manufacturers for a more realistic mock-up.

With a customer-supplied image, I resize similarly and then measure the design they have.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 01:26:55 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 01:08:02 PM »
Here is a men's and women's template I use, just change the color of the layer behind for the color of the shirt, put your scaled artwork on the artwork layer, and voilĂ .   

Scaled to around a medium, but on the body, so if you do a proof and your shirt is laying flat the graphic may look smaller than when on the mockup, but is pretty damn close when it's on a body.