Author Topic: Hello from brooklyn ny  (Read 1492 times)

Offline rusty

Hello from brooklyn ny
« on: May 05, 2016, 03:00:01 PM »
Hey everybody,

Been lurking on this board for the past 2 years and I figure it's about I became a productive member of this board.

I started printing about 15 years. Completely self taught and then took a hiatus to work at a record store for about 5/6 years but I couldn't stay away from screen printing.

Started up a new shop about 3 years ago while at another shop and now I am goingfull blast. About to sign up for a new automatic and all those goodie that come with that.

We print mainly t-shirts but some posters and signage for people and just picked up a new press solely for printing glassware and cylinder objects. I do love figuring out how to print the weird stuff.

I just want to thank EVERBODY on this board for all the advice and wisdom they have shared.

It's nice to read/talk with people who are as obsessed about printing as I am.

Thanks

*editing for spelling errors.
Steve

« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 03:07:54 PM by rusty »

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Hello from brooklyn ny
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 04:07:06 PM »
Welcome aboard!
Had you joined last week, we could have met, but my week is booked now and leaving NYC on Saturday.

Pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline AAMike

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 04:50:50 PM »
Rusty,

Welcome aboard. A lot of us have been doing this a long time. I am still amazed at the knowledge that this group has collectively. As I get older, I have realized that I don't know as much as I thought I did.

Mike

Offline rusty

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 05:11:17 PM »
Thanks guys, I am constantly reminded how much I don't know especially when I get tips from other printers and its "d'oh! why didn't I think of that!"

Next time Pierre. I'll be around here for a while.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 05:46:53 PM »
You say lurkers, we say freeloaders! LOL!
Better late than never.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?