Author Topic: Screen Tape...What are you using and where are you getting it?  (Read 3705 times)

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Screen Tape...What are you using and where are you getting it?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2016, 12:43:18 PM »
we have no issues with split tape here... never leaves residue...

I wonder if the people with residue issues are having some kind of chemical reaction with reclaim chemistry leaving a 'film' or something on the frames...

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2016, 09:32:46 AM »
Looking at the Uline stuff and unless I buy 72 rolls the price I pay for PMI is a little cheaper and white, for some reason I prefer white tape.

I'm not sure you're looking at the same products we use.  The PMI is almost 4 times the cost of the 3" clear that we use.  I'm seeing a 60 yard roll of PMI for 9.99 and we pay 5.20 for 110 yards of 3" clear.  Are you getting a special price in the PMI from somewhere?  If you're getting it for cheaper than we can get the clear then you're going to have people knocking down your door to find out where.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2016, 10:15:00 AM »
The PMI I get is not split tape. It's 3" solid white, not sure of the mils but it's around $5.38 a roll.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2016, 10:37:32 AM »
The PMI I get is not split tape. It's 3" solid white, not sure of the mils but it's around $5.38 a roll.

If you have a white tape that is rubber based adhesive then I'd be interested.  I've only found the white in acrylic based adhesive which leaves tons of residue and usually splits when removing unless it's 2.5 mil or thicker. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2016, 11:27:13 AM »

that's an awesome price, anywhere we got it from it was around 9 bucks a roll.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline aauusa

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2016, 11:39:50 AM »
screenprinter warehouse sells 3 inch pmi split for $7.16 a roll when buying a case.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2016, 12:02:16 PM »
this is the exact one we fell in love with.
we go with the 3", 2.5mill, 110 yards per roll, $5.60 per roll. It's also stronger than pmi as far as tearing goes. If someone is carding ink with a goop scoop and knicks the tape where it's ramping up the frame from the screen, pmi would usually cut open, this stuff is more durable, and it never leaves residue and comes off easier. I took out a roll of 3" pmi full adheasive, put it on a screen in the back and will wait a couple days to peel it off and take a pic. I had emailed them back when we did some testing for them and their answer was that tape should be removed right after a job. But really, who does that, and if you are able to, that's awesome for you, but realisticly, that's rare, at least here. We will card inks off same day or next morning, but usually like to hold a set up for a few days after delivery incase the customer calls back for a quick reprint. Tape goes in the crapper so easy to work with, no residue, durable, and good price. I haven't found anything to beat this natural rubber adheasive tape.
http://www.uline.com/BL_3073/Natural-Rubber-Adhesive-Tape-Polypropylene

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2016, 01:32:11 PM »
Ace Hardware 3 inch masking tape, been using it for almost 20 years!  $2.89 roll
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline AAMike

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2016, 03:04:23 PM »
I just ordered a case of the 3" rubber tape from Uline 2.5 mil. I have a press as the test bunny now. It seems pretty tough. You can't tear it by hand like the split tape, but if it works I will probably switch to it.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2016, 09:04:14 PM »
I just ordered a case of the 3" rubber tape from Uline 2.5 mil. I have a press as the test bunny now. It seems pretty tough. You can't tear it by hand like the split tape, but if it works I will probably switch to it.

If you order the tape dispensor that you mount for 3" tape from Shurloc, youll notice it's a Uline. I have one mounted on my light table to pull tape and tear and apply right there. They just turn the box inside out and charge a couple bucks more for the same thing.It's this guy right here intended for 3 1"rolls, but the 3" roll slides right on nicely.

http://www.uline.com/BL_7302/Multi-Roll-Tape-Dispensers?keywords=Tape%20Dispenser