Author Topic: M&R Sprint dryer... value?  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Northland

M&R Sprint dryer... value?
« on: June 27, 2016, 04:29:37 PM »
Is there a decent market for older M&R Sprint dryers ?
I'd like to find a new home for a 60" belt x 24' long, that has an IR bump section.
It looks like it would easily break down into pallet size chunks for shipping.
...any guess what the value would be to either an equipment wholesaler or to an end user ?

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: M&R Sprint dryer... value?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 04:34:27 PM »
i'd guess somewhere in the $8k area.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 04:41:03 PM »
Are you talking a Sprint 2k?  They come up now and then but everyone wants the 60"+ belt ones so we had a rough time finding one used and, when we did, got burned hard on it.  Broker still owes us $2275 cash and the costs above that were massive- dude let us pay for the unit and let the past owner sit there and run it for months while we had to move, re-install and finally un-install again our old dryer.  Totally insane.  Never again. 

So tread carefully, don't use a broker for the higher demand items like this (or maybe just ever at all) and keep an eye out for something local and I bet you could scoop one up for a decent price.   I see more Mini's out there at nice rates than Sprint 2ks. 

Main burner section is pretty big on a unit that size but the drone units and belt rails and rollers are easy to ship and move around.

One note- reassembling the drone units can be a living hell due to the poor choice of hardware buckling those sections together.  Issue is exacerbated by the fact that the drones get a little mis-shapen over time and from moving and can be nearly impossible to line up and latch in if they get too out of whack.   Newer the better to avoid this and it's a guaranteed problem if the dryer had prior use in a shop running multiple shifts.  Can be overcome with alternative hardware but it's a heads up I wish we would've had.

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 04:47:56 PM »
Ed The Press Dr does this all of the time.  I'll PM you his number
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 04:52:56 PM »
Maybe I read it wrong, but I think he is selling it, not buying it...

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 05:32:31 PM »
Correct Ed is the M&R goto guy as well as any other piece of equipment.  Been doing this for 30+ years.  He is the tech you want working on your equipment.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald