Author Topic: PICARELLI Ink Gun  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Prōdigium

• Something New Is Coming.....Prōdigium
PICARELLI Ink Gun
« on: June 24, 2016, 11:31:09 AM »
I used to use a product I have barely ever seen anymore called a Picarelli Ink Gun....basically a big fat syringe for ink. Stick it in your 5 gallon bucket, draw the handle back and suck up around a pint of ink to then pump into your screen. They are a bitch to wash, so once you use them for a color like white or black, that's pretty much the color you'll forever use them for....had a love hate relationship with the product.

But I am curious, does anyone else still use these things? I can only find a handful of vendors anymore.

Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Screen Dan

• !!!
Re: PICARELLI Ink Gun
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 09:54:12 AM »
We long ago ditched those and just have the basic 5-gallon colors scooped into 1-gallon buckets that live at each press's table. 

Between newbies making a huge damn mess with them and them suddenly no longer working (handle screwed out...or the gasket failed...or the suction plug not lining up perfectly most of the time) with no rhyme or reason (it could last five years or five days...who knows?) we just skip that.  Also, when carding the screens it's so much easier and cleaner at the press table than having a bunch of assistants bumbling around in the 5-gallon room, waiting for their turn with the black bucket and getting ink all over the damn place.

I find loading the screens is much faster with a bucket.  No need for 3 trips back to each color.

Love/Hate relationship indeed.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 09:59:23 AM by Screen Dan »

Offline abchung

• !!!
Re: PICARELLI Ink Gun
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 10:16:52 AM »
Is that a yabby pump (ghost shrimp pump)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeLC0nlInm4