Author Topic: Converting a Dryer to Split Belt  (Read 4097 times)

Offline GaryG

• !!!
Re: Converting a Dryer to Split Belt
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2016, 01:35:05 PM »
Can you vs Should you

Seems like you are doing well in the biz from your posts- buy one, save time and headache.

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2016, 12:17:19 AM »
Well if the dryer has crowned rollers than that's a definite no-go right there.  They don't look crowned and I was told they weren't but now I know.

Rich, does M&R offer a split option on the sprints?

Chris:  You're perfectly safe asking Mr. Hoffman about Split Belt Dryer Options online, but don't ever make the mistake of asking the question while you're trapped in a car with Rich on a road trip! :) So here's what I know. 

All M&R dryers (Gas and Electric Infra Red) incorporate the M&R "Patriot" Belt Tracking system that ensures extremely accurate belt tracking.  This feature allows M&R to reduce the clearance between the oven chamber from 3 1/2" to 4" on each side of the belt to less than 1" per side resulting in the ability to run a belt that is 5" - 6" wider on the same width oven chamber. 

While this additional belt width is a benefit on a single belt dryer, the benefits really are felt with a split belt unit. In the past if you ordered a 60" wide dryer with the split belt option, the chances are that you would have finished up with (2) belts that were 26" - 27" wide. With the new design and the Patriot belt tracking system it's likely that that you will be able to get two 30" wide belts on a standard 60" wide dryer.   
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2016, 12:31:08 AM »
Well if the dryer has crowned rollers than that's a definite no-go right there.  They don't look crowned and I was told they weren't but now I know.

Rich, does M&R offer a split option on the sprints?
yes we do but not after the dryer is made as a single belt. Any change like that and the CGA certification would be voided
Rich Hoffman