Author Topic: Let's talk.... compressors!  (Read 1703 times)

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
Re: Let's talk.... compressors!
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 11:51:00 AM »
We looked at all the name brands and when it came down to it, Boge just won out over all of them in everything. We were recommended a compressor contractor by our M&R tech and couldn't be happier. We ended up with a sweet deal on ours, it had just been repo'd so we got it at a sick price, but if I were to shop for another, I would jump on the Boge again. Family owned company, with a US based headquarters in Atlanta. German engineered equipment with a strong US base. No problems with parts "if Needed". Shop owners and auto/tire places I spoke with ahead of time all had the same thing to say. Any of them, from Tire kingdom, to firestone, to smaller places, all had IR, Kaeser, Chicago, all the name brands, all switched to the Boge set up, and Prevost Airline system with inline coalescent filtering and the Boge chillers. Super efficient, quiet, and needs service done at a fraction of the times of the other brands. I guess our 20HP is considerably small compared to what some of the places we spoke with have, but all of them raved in review over IR and Kaeser.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2016, 08:48:00 PM »
I just installed a 15HP Atlas Copco VSD+ a few months ago. Quietest compressor ever. Hands down. It is the quietest piece of gear in the whole shop by far. Even the CTS machine is noisier.

It runs an 8 color Sporty with air heads, a 10 color Sporty with AC heads, a folder, a bagger and multiple other misc air uses without a hiccup and we have room to grow.

The VSD+ series has some extra CFM kick per horsepower too, given it's efficiency. It was down to that or a Hydrovane unit, but the Atlas has been flawless and a bit better value.

We bought new and if you have an Atlas Copco rep do the startup procedures it bumps the initial warranty to 5 years. I'd buy another in a heart beat.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2016, 11:12:37 PM »
just ordered a Atlas Copco GX5 with all the bells and whistles. Should be here next week. . .

There might be better compressors out there, and we probably could have bought cheaper, but it was local, convenient and 0% financing, hard to beat.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2016, 08:41:08 AM »
I had a $12k paper weight from ingrasol rand. I would never buy anything from them again. I never got more than 17 consecutive days out the thing. I ended up buying a used 10 HP piston for under $2k delivered and have never looked back. The company I bought from handles the service. I spend about $600.00 a year and they guaranty everything except the motor.
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?