Author Topic: Hose for Spray Nozzle?  (Read 3503 times)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Hose for Spray Nozzle?
« on: May 29, 2016, 05:11:27 PM »
I've tried a few different brands of coil hoses for my spray nozzle in the washout booth, and some of the "no kink" style garden hoses, and they always fail after a while.  I was wondering what everyone is using, and if anyone is using a braided steel hose like you would use to hook up a washing machine or something equally durable.  I don't like the stiffness of the standard garden hoses, and the coil hoses are all cheap molded plastic instead of braided in any way so they inevitably crack.  Thoughts?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Hose for Spray Nozzle?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 05:27:00 PM »
I use a smaller diameter rubber(ish) line, not unlike what comes with a cheap add-on shower head.
Of course, I also am not using a standard garden nozzle, but rather nozzles more like those that come on garden sprayers

btw, many have gotten away from these for developing in favor of their pressure washers.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 05:29:34 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 05:45:48 PM »
I use pressure washers in both my booths, but I also have the line split to fan spray nozzles for soft rinsing screens and general washing/rinsing that don't require the pressure washers.

Could you link to the specific type of hose you're using?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 06:11:50 PM »
unfortunately not as they were just hunks laying around from old hand held showers and pet washers. What I have now is white, and has the look of a reinforced covering.

Actually, I just found it online and here's a link to the entire product, but unfortunately the hose listed in replacement parts costs way more than it should because of its fittings which you don't need.
http://www.rinseace.com/product/pet-shower-deluxe#

I wonder if a good plumbing supply might have something similar in bulk.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 12:16:48 PM by Frog »

Offline LocalColor

• Verified/Junior
  • Slinging ink since '85
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 11:05:46 PM »
I use a GoodYear reinforced rubber hose, works great.
Seen a lot of changes in this industry over the last thirty years, some better than others.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 11:09:23 AM »
the small RV white hose works good as it's light weight.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 01:05:00 PM »
I use a hookup hose as well...I think it's like 8ft.  You can also use washing machine hoses with an adapter.  Those are awesome as well...and short.

My problem is with the sprayer.  i can't seem to find one that won't leak after a few months.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 01:08:16 PM »
the rv hoses are still too stiff in my opinion (using one now while I figure out another option).  I really like the coils...
Seems like there are quite a few more expensive rubber/pvc options out there, but they are not exactly designed for this use, but rather as fuel lines or for compressed air, but I would image they would work, right?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 01:40:07 PM »
try the washing machine hookup lines...they are bendable and made for long use.

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 02:53:25 PM »

I always liked RV/boat hoses. The thin white ones. Light and flexible.

For the nozzle, Dramm. All day, every day. The one touch nozzles are great because you don't have to squeeze the damn thing, less hand fatigue. They are cheap, can be found most anywhere and they last.

http://www.rainwand.com/hand-held.html
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 03:46:16 PM »

I was really close to grabbing one of these, but wasn't sure.  I think I will tomorrow morning though.  The RV hose I'm using now is fine for the most part, but I still feel like I am fighting it to get the nozzle to angle the way I want when cycling screens.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2016, 04:01:57 PM »
but I still feel like I am fighting it to get the nozzle to angle the way I want when cycling screens.

know exaclty what you mean.. the nozzle isn't in the right position and the threads are locked down..

wrap that threaded end in a butt load of PTFE tape and then thread it on and place in the right position.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2016, 04:12:15 PM »
Just bought one of those dramm nozzles off amazon.  Looks like it will be nice to work with!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2016, 04:17:33 PM »
but I still feel like I am fighting it to get the nozzle to angle the way I want when cycling screens.

know exaclty what you mean.. the nozzle isn't in the right position and the threads are locked down..

wrap that threaded end in a butt load of PTFE tape and then thread it on and place in the right position.

Add a quick-connect to the hose and nozzle and rotate it any way you want.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2016, 04:56:35 PM »

Add a quick-connect to the hose and nozzle and rotate it any way you want.

I've tried just about all of the available quick connects and they either leak, lock up, require adapters to fit a garden hose and or generally can't handle the abuse of heavy use. Last time one went, grabbed the teflon tape.