Author Topic: Holy Chit... Things are shaking....  (Read 3835 times)

Offline Donnie

• !!!
Holy Chit... Things are shaking....
« on: January 07, 2016, 07:59:55 PM »
Over 20 earthquakes and counting in the last 18 hours in my neck of the woods. Two of them, around 10:30 pm last night within a minute of each other, a mile apart.. 4.7 and a 4.8.  Aftershocks ranging from 2.5 to 4.0. This is getting old very fast...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Holy Chit... Things are shaking....
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 08:03:13 PM »
I read you guys had 60 in the last week.  that's crazy

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 08:33:57 PM »
Thank you Sandridge Energy and your injection disposal wells, eh Donnie?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 10:33:33 PM »
Thank you Sandridge Energy and your injection disposal wells, eh Donnie?

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 10:37:33 PM »
Sand Ridge has been ordered by the Corporation Commission to shut down some injection wells and curtail others. They have pretty much flipped them off and continued at full speed and damn the torpedoes. Their stock fell to .15 cent and as of this morning they are off the stock market. They have nothing to lose, so yeah F you and everyone else. Meanwhile, we are ducking and covering.

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 10:44:51 PM »
Our state is pretty much of a dumpster fire now that the oil boom went bust. Goddamn legislators and governor have pretty much let them have run of the place and gave them huge tax incentives. Now the cash cow is dry and everyone is wondering what happened. We're facing a huge deficit and the quakes roll on... Bastids!  >:(     sorry for the rant.

Offline theMadArtist

• Creativity Makes the Difference!
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 10:44:41 PM »
California?
Custom Art done FAST! And within your Budget...
theMadArtist.org
(253)652-4443

themadartist@live.com

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 01:23:27 AM »
Not much better just across the line in the Sunflower State. My house is a couple hours from Donnie 12 miles into Kansas and we have BIG cracks in our walls. All from recent quakes. The insurance companies are all backing away from paying homeowner's claims, siting waste water disposal as the culprit.

Yeah. So?

My son called me yesterday and  they thought a truck must have hit his farmhouse about 12:30 AM. About scared both of 'em half to death. Dogs went crazy.  (Baby slept right through it!)

Yep. Sandridge is injecting almost 200 Thousand barrels a day...or so I've heard.

Actually....I don't remember a 4.8 in the last year or two, so maybe Donnie's are worse right now. Cherokee, OK seems to be hit almost weekly for some reason and that's pretty close to him.

I dont wanna pay 7 or 8 bucks a gallon, but wow. Is this worth it? Not sure what I think.....

Offline rmonks

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 06:51:50 AM »
I Live in Tulsa, and we feel a great deal of the quakes Donnie is talking about. I get pissed that all Oklahoma thinks about is oil for their economy. We have got to diversify and get some other form of making money. Yeah I just redid the cracks in our drywall a few weeks ago. I also found out that earth quake insurance is like a 30% deductible item, that is 30% of the value of your home. So forget making that claim.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 10:13:09 AM »
I Live in Tulsa, and we feel a great deal of the quakes Donnie is talking about. I get pissed that all Oklahoma thinks about is oil for their economy. We have got to diversify and get some other form of making money. Yeah I just redid the cracks in our drywall a few weeks ago. I also found out that earth quake insurance is like a 30% deductible item, that is 30% of the value of your home. So forget making that claim.

Out here in the original earthquake state, earthquake (only) insurance is about twice as much as (and on top of) the general policy, and usually has about 15% deductible.

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 01:48:13 PM »
California knows earthquakes in a WHOLE 'nother way than we do in the heartland! But my son said their insurance guy is warning that *may* really change in a big hurry.

Great.

I don't know the reason for that. I'm busy doing other stuff, but there supposedly are fault lines in our neck of the woods.

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2016, 12:45:29 PM »
HoooBoy!

Just had a whopper and I'll betcha Donnie's gonna have a story.

I felt my chair wobbling in my office so I looked wondering what the heck my dog was doing. She was scared, but wasn't even close to my desk. Then I looked up and saw my monitor wobbling back and forth.

Ok, so Wichita is 125 miles to Donnie's place and it looks like the thing was a 5.1 right in his back yard. Nothing like California, but this is Kansas for crying out loud. And, The Queen happens to be a hundred or so south of me in Oklahoma today and she felt it as being a really strong one. That's seems to me like a pretty big area for that much shaking to be caused by local saltwater injection, but what do I know.

Anyhow, they just had an aftershock of 3.9.

So.

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 11:17:45 PM »
Yeah that was a 5.1... Bout chit my pants.