Author Topic: college artist  (Read 1191 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
college artist
« on: June 03, 2016, 12:57:31 PM »
How do you deal with a college artist, and explain that there art master piece has to to be print friendly and still need to be sepped?  You hate to seem like your talking down to them, but a great design with colors all over the place just don't cut it, they think they are cutting art cost and time but really adding more LOL
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: college artist
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 01:03:36 PM »
Demonstrate the process or, if they are, or think they are proficient in Photoshop, have them sep it to see just what is involved.
Today, most uninitiated folks think of pretty much automatic digital output since that's what they do on their desktop.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
Re: college artist
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 04:02:10 PM »
The artist who does most of the work for the Daytona shop I printed at doesn't understand the concept of "spot color". The guy is a good artist, does some stuff now for Disney, but I don't know if he was just so hard-headed and arrogant that he thought that was beneath him, or just plain lazy. The owners had to discect his files to output film. From what I understand, they tried to explain it to him but he just never "got it". An he was no kid -- gotta be in his 40s.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .