Author Topic: GOCCOPRO 100 Digital Screen Maker?  (Read 12521 times)

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
GOCCOPRO 100 Digital Screen Maker?
« on: October 21, 2011, 05:27:08 PM »
Hey People,
So has anyone seen/heard/used on of these? Our neighbor embroidery company showed it to me this morning. Doesn't make sense to me as to stretch a screen with the image already exposed on it. I assume this is for the beginner screen printer. But then again before I put my big foot in my mouth I will shut up as I have been wrong many, many times. But it just looks bad and the whole process seems bad. Reminds me of that Udu thing or whatever it is called. Screen printing in minutes! Like an auto! So here is the link

http://www.goccopro.com

Anybody?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: GOCCOPRO 100 Digital Screen Maker?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 09:20:55 AM »
Hey People,
So has anyone seen/heard/used on of these? Our neighbor embroidery company showed it to me this morning. Doesn't make sense to me as to stretch a screen with the image already exposed on it. I assume this is for the beginner screen printer. But then again before I put my big foot in my mouth I will shut up as I have been wrong many, many times. But it just looks bad and the whole process seems bad. Reminds me of that Udu thing or whatever it is called. Screen printing in minutes! Like an auto! So here is the link

http://www.goccopro.com

Anybody?

checked them out at the show earlier this year. You hit the nail on the head! I walked away amazed that somebody would actually buy it . . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 11:24:51 AM »
Isn't this some kind of toner-based scheme? Seems I've seen this or something like it hustled before.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 12:13:33 PM »
one of my "competitors" has it. . .I guess it's geared towards the green movement. . .and it's pure cheese.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 05:12:21 PM »
y`all got that right 8)

Offline squeegee

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 06:45:50 PM »
it's a Yudu on steriods

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 08:16:37 PM »
it's a Yudu on steriods

Hahahaha. Awesome. Just feel sorry for the dope that buys it

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 03:07:02 PM »
Print Gocco was originally a little rink a dink home craft screen printing type thing
for making birthday cards and the like. Kind of cool actually. Came with flash bulbs
for exposing the "screens". Found one at a thrift store a few years back. The nicer
ones actually go for a chunk of change.

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 04:13:18 PM »
It is the same crap that xpresscreen sells.... but different.  When we first got into the industry we looked at xpresscreen because we liked the no chemicals claim.  We talked to several different people that had xpresscreen and we were told to run far away from them.  Looks like the mesh is the same stuff just exposed differently but similar.  One person said that it distorts the image when you put the mesh in the frames.  If it is too good to be true.......

Offline Boteeteea

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 01:46:44 PM »
Really? I manage a successful printing company that solely uses the goccopro. Haters gonna hate. Lets first dive into the difference between traditional screen printing and the goccopro printing. Traditional printing takes a week to produce a screen not to mention the harsh chemicals. I'm talking nose bleeds through the respirator and burning eyes. Ok you got the screen, oh no! The screen is messed up, add on another week to make a new screen. I print out the screens in less than a minute. Oh no a mistake, reprint a new one. easy. I can do a job same day, and without the labor costs associated with exposing washing and letting dry the traditional way. You still get the same end product. Don't knock it till you try it. I stand by my machine 100%. Sure it's expensive to start with but it pays off, much like buying a press. You pay thousands but it pays off. There are secrets and tips to this like everything else. People quit when they find one little problem instead of finding a solution. You can't rely on "hear say" to make a decision. I have a great relationship with XPRESSSCREEN. I have been a pioneer in the exploration of this Goccopro's abilities. They look to me to find and fix potential problems. Have a problem? Ask. I have probably encountered it and solved it. "One person said that it distorts the image when you put the mesh in the frames." yes some of the early early machines did have that problem but that has since been resolved. It was an issue with the gears and belt. I had that problem, I informed XPRESSCREEN about it, and they sent me a brand new machine. I have been running this thing for 2 years now without any issue. Traditional screen printing is a thing of the past. Why would you dig a hole with a shovel if you have a backhoe? Goccopro is the way of the future.

Good Day,
Amanda
Manager of Quick Screen Print

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 02:01:32 PM »
ing. Traditional printing takes a week to produce a screen

Now if I could get all my customers to believe that I'd never have to worry about a rush job again.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 02:02:45 PM »
I couldn't read your whole reply, but a week to make a screen? Then, if it's wrong, it takes another week to make a new one? Really? That kills your credibility altogether you know... We make about 50 a day here, in fact, we can stretch a new screen, process it and have it ready to print in about an hour or just over. To claim a week is seriously wrong. I suspect you're just not fully aware of how industrial screen printers work. Even at my first job in the early seventies we made about 20 a day... good luck to you though.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 02:02:54 PM »
Really? I manage a successful printing company that solely uses the goccopro. Haters gonna hate. Lets first dive into the difference between traditional screen printing and the goccopro printing. Traditional printing takes a week to produce a screen not to mention the harsh chemicals. I'm talking nose bleeds through the respirator and burning eyes. Ok you got the screen, oh no! The screen is messed up, add on another week to make a new screen. I print out the screens in less than a minute. Oh no a mistake, reprint a new one. easy. I can do a job same day, and without the labor costs associated with exposing washing and letting dry the traditional way. You still get the same end product. Don't knock it till you try it. I stand by my machine 100%. Sure it's expensive to start with but it pays off, much like buying a press. You pay thousands but it pays off. There are secrets and tips to this like everything else. People quit when they find one little problem instead of finding a solution. You can't rely on "hear say" to make a decision. I have a great relationship with XPRESSSCREEN. I have been a pioneer in the exploration of this Goccopro's abilities. They look to me to find and fix potential problems. Have a problem? Ask. I have probably encountered it and solved it. "One person said that it distorts the image when you put the mesh in the frames." yes some of the early early machines did have that problem but that has since been resolved. It was an issue with the gears and belt. I had that problem, I informed XPRESSCREEN about it, and they sent me a brand new machine. I have been running this thing for 2 years now without any issue. Traditional screen printing is a thing of the past. Why would you dig a hole with a shovel if you have a backhoe? Goccopro is the way of the future.

Good Day,
Amanda
Manager of Quick Screen Print

Hi Amanda,

welcome to the board!

As you might have noticed, this post was started three years ago and things could easily be much better now. As one of the first posters and somebody who's seen the unit first hand (few years back), it was not really set up for mass production or high end work. Our tolerances when registering simulated process prints are down to few thousands of an inch and that is hard to achieve with a low tension mesh and trying to stretch a preburned image on a screen. Slight misalignment would prevent us from being able to register the job. As far as the tension, printing multicolor wet on wet at a reasonable production rates is difficult unless the screens are at 20N or more. 

There are right tools for every job, and this unit seems to work well for you and is possibly a good choice for ppl in your position. For most of us here, the original design is not a good fit. You mention improvements have been made, can you let us know more about it? Are they able to hold higher tension now? Is there a way to ensure the stencil is not deformed when placing on the frame?

please let us know!

thanx,

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 02:14:25 PM »
lolwut.

I have been making screens for 7 years without using a respirator and never had a nose bleed.  Coating a screen takes about 20 seconds, drying time is 1-2 hours, during which you can do other things, exposing and washout is maybe 5 minutes.  If it takes you a week, you're doing something wrong.  This is all irrelevant as you are ignoring efficiency based on quantity.  You can make 100s of screens a day with proper equipment, and many shops do this every day.

The Xpress screen equipment is meant for very simple designs being printed in very small quantities.  Traditional screens can last for 10's of thousands of prints and print with very high detail and many colors with perfect registration using lots of different ink types, and do so very, very quickly.   The time it takes to print a screen, tighten it on the frame, and line up a multicolor design using this system would make it less efficient than creating  and setting up screens in even a small production oriented shop.  The cost of throwing away and recreating screens each time would also cost more than the material costs involved in creating a screen in the traditional way, considering the mesh is reusable hundreds or thousands of times. Essentially, a system like this may be more efficient and easy for someone making a few shirts in their dorm room, but it is not viable for an efficient and profitable business.  There is a reason DTG and every new gimmicky technology has not simply replaced traditional screen printing...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 02:16:40 PM by mimosatexas »

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2014, 02:24:34 PM »
Traditional screen printing is a thing of the past.

Goccopro is the way of the future.

Thank you.. I haven't laughed that hard in quite some time.

if this is you..

http://quickscreenprint.com/

you say no harsh chemicals.. i see screen opener on the shelf behind you ancient blue max manual,.. that stuff is about the most toxic stuff in the biz beside caustic screen opener.

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services