Author Topic: Super high speed, small form factor press.  (Read 4079 times)

Offline LoneWolf2

Re: Super high speed, small form factor press.
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2016, 04:07:38 PM »
Bigger/stronger index motor would take care of that, I would think.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2016, 04:53:31 PM »
Your press can be sped up as well if you would like.

Something secret that I'm missing???  if I can eek out another 100/hr we'd be happy for now... I was under the impression that 900-950/hr was max for our sporty?
the machine is set at 900 per hr as its rated cycle. There is a lot more speed as we build with a 25% safety factor on the components. Another 100 per hr is pretty easy.
Rich Hoffman

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2016, 05:10:29 PM »
The stock setup for a sporty is a bit slow imho.  I worked with our tech to speed it up in a couple ways from his initial settings and ours eclipses 1k with no issue.  With my best puller I can run it at 1020/hr for smaller stretches of time, the limitation

Still, I think a low color, rippin' fast side auto is a great idea.  It's what I'm looking at to replace our old gauntlet, pretty much exactly what Alex wanted form s.roque but, like him, no confirmation yet on the ability to build a small footprint eco that can accept standard screens.  Due to space limitations that would be our ideal setup- one low color, speedy little press under 11' diameter and then a large main press.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2016, 05:16:56 PM »
The stock setup for a sporty is a bit slow imho.  I worked with our tech to speed it up in a couple ways from his initial settings and ours eclipses 1k with no issue.  With my best puller I can run it at 1020/hr for smaller stretches of time, the limitation

Still, I think a low color, rippin' fast side auto is a great idea.  It's what I'm looking at to replace our old gauntlet, pretty much exactly what Alex wanted form s.roque but, like him, no confirmation yet on the ability to build a small footprint eco that can accept standard screens.  Due to space limitations that would be our ideal setup- one low color, speedy little press under 11' diameter and then a large main press.

Doesn't danny have one?
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2016, 05:21:29 PM »
We have a small 3 color YOU with the indexing speed tuned up some on it....... I know we had a job on it 2 weeks ago we ran at almost 1150 pcs per hour with 2 people on the press.... Just a single color print

Like M&R Roq will build you something custom to fit what your trying to do. Your going to probably pay a bit more but they will do pretty much anything requested.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2016, 06:30:20 PM »

, no confirmation yet on the ability to build a small footprint eco that can accept standard screens.  Due to space limitations that would be our ideal setup- one low color, speedy little press under 11' diameter and then a large main press.

Oh they'll do it, they confirmed it. They actually use to offer it standard. Basically a ECO "L". The deal just came up on the YOU I couldn't pass up.
I think it may be their German distributor that had a outdated website and had the size specs.
They said the reason they stopped offering them was when the YOU("Basic" at that time) came out and was able to provide the lion's share of the options that the ECO offered at a lower cost, there was very little reason to still offer the ECO in a smaller format. Especially when your factory is tooled up/set up for a more popular size/modle. Guessing that is why you don't see a 6 color small footprint CHIIID on the M&R page. Demand.

We have a small 3 color YOU with the indexing speed tuned up some on it.......

How did you tune or tweak the speed on it? I would LOVE to bump ours up a bit!!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2016, 12:43:51 PM »
just wanted to publicly say thank you to Rich, Mike and Alfonso from M&R for seeing what they could do to increase our press speed.  While we're still limited by the indexer, Alfonso came out this morning and confirmed that the press is running as good as it can and did a bit of tweaking to smooth out the table up/down actions.

The press ops are cruising along back there at 924/hr right now, which while not as fast as a G3 or CH3D, it'll help us get to a new faster press sooner than later...

The faster and smoother up/down speed of the table seems to be making them load more consistently too, as I'm not hearing any stops while they're working.

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2016, 12:45:32 PM »
Even if I get 924 / hr out of my guys on my CHIIID Im happy!

Good work!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2016, 01:23:53 PM »
Jeez, I'm still trying to get my crew to print at any speed without stopping every 3 shirts, congrats!

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2016, 01:32:41 PM »
Jeez, I'm still trying to get my crew to print at any speed without stopping every 3 shirts, congrats!

preach it baby, preach
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2016, 02:09:45 PM »

this is the 'slow down to go faster' -- if you're missing that fast, take the index back.

This was on bella flowy tanks..

924/hr:
https://youtu.be/ztsIYlS4i9g

Alfonso came back and just did a bit more tweaking and we are now at 81 doz/hr, which now truly seems to be as fast as the press will run.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2016, 02:12:00 PM »
What gives man!? No special thanks to me?? I was EMOTIONALLY there with you :P
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Admiral

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2016, 02:20:13 PM »
2 shop dogs running around nice.

We have 3 but keep them in 'dog city'.  They are too big and dumb to be allowed around anything...

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2016, 02:45:44 PM »

this is the 'slow down to go faster' -- if you're missing that fast, take the index back.

This was on bella flowy tanks..

924/hr:
https://youtu.be/ztsIYlS4i9g

Alfonso came back and just did a bit more tweaking and we are now at 81 doz/hr, which now truly seems to be as fast as the press will run.

Yeah, they've all worked on press with me loading faster than that for hours at a time and I've shown them videos, etc....doesn't seem to be clicking.  Reprinting another 300pc order that over half were thrown crooked on next week....

I do tell 'em that slower but steady is much faster than faster but intermittent and that's helped a touch.  The graph that M&R has on the Sportsman's software is super helpful for this, you can show them what a normal print run should look like and they can view it to get feedback. 

Your EX will go faster than 81doz. open up the bottom and adjust the table drop until it is as fast as it can drop without "thunking" too hard and creating wear on the machine.  I'm sure the M&R dudes did this but you can also dial in the servo adjusments and then increase the table up.