Author Topic: What happened to Marcodie?  (Read 10455 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
What happened to Marcodie?
« on: June 10, 2016, 07:37:09 PM »
Whatever happened to Marcodie? Looks like they are no longer in the US?

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: What happened to Marcodie?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 08:10:08 PM »
From my understanding they are done. Family situation and delivery issues.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 08:12:50 PM »
That's to bad. I seen a banner ad on this site not long ago and just wondered because everything is shut down, even Northstar graphics as well.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 08:16:46 PM by Prosperi-Tees »

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 06:03:16 PM »
BAD situation.  I hope the guys involved get well and whatever lays ahead of them I sure hope they have better luck.  From what I was told a few awful things happened that nobody would wish on their enemy and it could have happened to any of us.  Just know the downfall wasn't due to anything self-inflicted or crooked like we've seen with other guys trying to break into the industry. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline MARCODIE_INT_BYOP

• BYOP build your own press
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 06:09:56 AM »

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 08:03:46 AM »
Could you please explain the difference between Marcodie International, and Marcodie USA?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Crazy Mike

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 08:21:01 AM »
This is a interesting concept.

If you can assemble your press you should be able to fix it yourself
in the future.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 08:44:47 AM »
I'm guessing here, but I'd bet that less than 5% of all screen printing shops (maybe even less than that) would have the skills and knowledge necessary to assemble and correctly align/calibrate an automatic press.

this is a very interesting concept tho.

back in 2008/2009 I purchased the plans to build a 4'x4' CNC wood router... after a lot of trial and error, including building a smaller cnc machine to build the bigger one, i was able to build and make the 4x4 operational -- which it actually still works great to this day...  but that being said...  I make a lot more money printing shirts than trying to assemble and tune a machine.

So I guess it does have it's niche, but that would also all depend on price point..

is this a price point that competes against picking up an used auto for 15k, or is it going to be costly?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 08:45:51 AM »
Would have to be stupid cheap.... like STUPID.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 09:07:09 AM »
Sounds right up my alley! I love turning wrenches and putting things together. The center center can already be pre-registered from the factory, correct? Heim joints for pallet and print arm leveling is smart and easy to adjust. Biggest hurdle for the DIY guys would be safely placing the center section over the bearing shaft. How heavy is it?

Offline Crazy Mike

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 09:51:24 AM »
This company is in Kuwait so I take it they are looking at
world wide sales.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 10:31:44 AM »
All due respect, WHO HAS TIME TO DO ALL OF THAT??????? We could barely prep the shop for the install of our new gear that WAS BUILT AT THE PLANT BY SKILLED PROFESSIONALS! I hope it works out for you guys, but a busy print shop doesn't have time for all of that. Just my opinion, but kinda common sense.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 10:38:47 AM »
All due respect, WHO HAS TIME TO DO ALL OF THAT??????? We could barely prep the shop for the install of our new gear that WAS BUILT AT THE PLANT BY SKILLED PROFESSIONALS! I hope it works out for you guys, but a busy print shop doesn't have time for all of that. Just my opinion, but kinda common sense.
I haven't even looked into this stuff yet, but I can tell you that while there are plenty of busy established shops with no time for this, there are also a bunch of folks who are just exploring the possibilities of becoming one of those shops, and looking to save every nickel they can!
An hour on the newbie forums and YouTube illustrates this shoestring budget approach to the nth degree!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2016, 10:52:43 AM »
I haven't even looked into this stuff yet, but I can tell you that while there are plenty of busy established shops with no time for this, there are also a bunch of folks who are just exploring the possibilities of becoming one of those shops, and looking to save every nickel they can!
An hour on the newbie forums and YouTube illustrates this shoestring budget approach to the nth degree!

At first I thought it seemed to be all the assembled parts showing up in crates and you would put them together like a typical install, but watching the video they are literally intending on shipping individual parts to be assembled from scratch. Can you imagine how long it would take someone to do that when it takes some of the bigger factories months to build a machine with a team. I just don't see it working. I mean even skilled techs encounter issues with a machine that has been built at the factory, but going nut for nut bolt for bolt just seems a little crazy with something so precise. Who knows, maybe there is someone out there, I can't see someone that's never done this before receiving all those little things and pulling it off before they go under. We aren't a big shop by any means, and I'll have a box of something little show up and it might be a week before I can get around to it. To each their own I guess.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2016, 10:58:18 AM »
Like Brandt said, it would have to be CHEAP

I would be willing to bet even those of us who think we could build it properly, would inevitably make mistakes that would botch the build.
That concept seems like a Technical Support nightmare for Marcodie. 
Scott Garnett
King Screen