Author Topic: What happened to Marcodie?  (Read 10456 times)

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

Re: What happened to Marcodie?
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2016, 11:01:02 AM »
I love the idea - but...   people have a difficult enough time with ikea furniture. 

one would have to be skilled enough to put it together correctly.  i couldnt imagine hiring someone off the street and expect them to put it together. 

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2016, 11:10:19 AM »
All due respect, WHO HAS TIME TO DO ALL OF THAT??????? We could barely prep the shop for the install of our new gear that WAS BUILT AT THE PLANT BY SKILLED PROFESSIONALS! I hope it works out for you guys, but a busy print shop doesn't have time for all of that. Just my opinion, but kinda common sense.

I agree BUT I could also argue the opposite. If you have every single piece there waiting to be put together, you don't have to clear out a space for the new press yet, you can put together a head every day or so in free time of in the evening. Make sure everything looks right and matches the hopefully stellar instructions/illustrations/videos.

It's not like these are erector sets or legos that can be put together in any way you want. There aren't any extra bolt or threaded holes to choose from, as long is things aren't on backwards or upside down you should be fine.

I know with my Anatol, the PCBs are marked for which head plugs in where. So head 1 has a cable that runs from the head control to the board in the center with a 1 next to it, just plug it in. Same with air lines.

All that being said, you still should know a little about how presses are assembled and work prior to doing something like this and I'm sure I'd be a nervous wreck on the first index & stroke lol

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2016, 11:12:17 AM »
Like Brandt said, it would have to be CHEAP

I would be willing to bet even those of us who think we could build it properly, would inevitably make mistakes that would botch the build.
That concept seems like a Technical Support nightmare for Marcodie.

This is what I was really going after. I mean, I'd love to order a Big Bear Chopper's kit and tinker with building my own bike. As handy as I am, I'm not willing to risk my life, or other's lives "thinking" I'm a skilled motorcycle tech. This thing could, as you stated, by a service nightmare. I don't see a company being able to properly warrantee a machine that wasn't built by a certified mechanic. Cool idea for those that like to tinker and or build, like Binkspot, I'm sure he could do it, but I bet business wise, he might not since the time involved would take away from the needed day to day grind. Maybe he would.  ;)
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2016, 11:37:41 AM »
I would put them together but.....
I would be concerned about dropping the carousel on the shaft, get it cocked and jamed up going down you could spend a day getting it straightened out and finished.
Other concern is the size of the drive belt and if it ever needed to be changed. Too short and you can't walk it off the bottom of the press, would you have to strip the machine to lift it off going up?
What about reg, does it need to be dialed in or is it a automatic like a CH3?
Small press I don't think would be that bad, 12, 14 or 16 would be days if not a week to assemble. It takes enough time assembling a machine, now you basicly have an erector set. A lot of time is burned up assembling each screen holder, print head, etc.
I can see coms cables getting pinched and or cut mounting or bolting stuff.
Warranty I think would be a disaster, bunch of finger pointing. You put that together wrong.
Their tech support line would be on fire. Think about the 3-5 calls into a Mfg trying to fix a simple issue.
What happens if you get a defective part, maybe holes drilled in the wrong place. It would need to be replaced but what would the lead time be.
Not saying it's a bad idea but if the machine ends up in the hands of some yahoo. Gets damaged being assembled, is he stuck with a $30k unusable machine.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2016, 11:42:53 AM »
I can't think of a good reason to do this outside of it being like 5k for a 100k machine. LOL
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2016, 11:55:52 AM »
But didn't you guys hear the Robot voice?!

Its easy!

Offline MARCODIE_INT_BYOP

• BYOP build your own press
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2016, 12:47:37 PM »
Sorry Guys but i think its easier to setup Marcodie press as an BBQ Grill or furniture from IKEA. The front and rear screenholder are preassambled ,heads ard 4 time bolted.
airpipe are in 3 Colors , ribbon cable you cant mix up just plug in. Level the heads horizontal with adjustable head support ( left right), the same with the Tabel.
Put one Pallet in Level, Clamp one flat screen in the screenholder, but 4 coins on pallet,level all screenholder on the first pallet,level all the rest of pallets on the first Head,connect air and power, loose the registration pins exept #1, Turn on the power,
put the registration pin to the #1 , set the machine to zero, run the registration preadjustment mode arround 30 minutes,tight slowly bolt step by step," done start print !!" sorry dont forget the cover (:-

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2016, 01:29:31 PM »
sounds good to me but then again i'm a mechanical monster who can rebuild and engine from a pile of parts..

my brother still has trouble with the flat and Philips head screwdriver.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2016, 01:52:51 PM »
"Build Your Own Press" just conjures up images of some plans one would buy off eBay for me...

I suppose it is one way to go. What roughly does a 8 color press cost delivered to somewhere in the states?

The thing that I just can't for the life of me understand, is WHY do people keep trying to revive this company? There is a proven poor track record and it seems to close up and re open up every few years. Is there anything proprietary about the company? I know at one point they had the
"1 squeegee" system, but none of the last presses I've seen online have featured that.

More power to ya man, but I think you got a uphill battle....
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline SI

• !!!
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2016, 02:26:51 PM »
For the very first build, I am thinking it would take a person with a strong mechanical and electrical background 4-5 full days to assemble all of this press.  Most likely longer once you run into unforeseen issues, hardly as easy as putting together a BBQ grill

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2016, 02:34:17 PM »
For the very first build, I am thinking it would take a person with a strong mechanical and electrical background 4-5 full days to assemble all of this press.  Most likely longer once you run into unforeseen issues, hardly as easy as putting together a BBQ grill

I thought the exact same thing when I moved my press from one location to the new spot. I overestimated the time it would take. With me and one other person, the teardown to a bare press with arms/lines/connections numbered and re-numbered it took like 3 hours max.

Putting it all back together I thought would take 2+ days. With the same helper, we had the press at the new location, leveled, heads hung and arms bolted on in about 5 hours. Then the next day I took probably another 4-6hours to SLOWLY level each head, center pallet arms, level boards and hangers, clean and regrease everything as I went.

I would think a NOVICE with a took kit could accomplish assembly easily in a couple days if they worked 8hr days. Looks like it's a self-registering press as well so no worries about that which is the number one fear of all printers (OMG is my press out of registration).

All that said, who is Marcodie International and who here in the states even has one? I'd need a solid amount of customer feedback before I jumped in and bought a T-jet -oops I mean Marcodie.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2016, 02:37:24 PM »

I think what people are also missing is allllllllll the air lines, allllllllllll the wiring. If it's a true from the ground up build,  it would take longer that 5 days for someone who's never done it. Just sayin. Even an 8 color press, man that's a lot of parts.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2016, 02:38:30 PM »
They say there are some in Los Angeles

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2016, 02:53:59 PM »
It comes down to price...

If its 8K for a 12/14 with AC heads I think we could all find the time haha

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2016, 03:21:08 PM »
I am confused, the video for the BYOP shows basically a box or parts where everything needs to be assembled, screen holders, print heads, pallet arms, etc. 
MARCODIE_INT_BYOP are you saying it comes more or less like any other press with modules for lack of a better word to be bolted onto a base? Base and stack comes assembled, bolt print heads and pallet arms on and more or less done? So basically its like buying a press from just about any other mfg but the customer puts it together? Reg is automatic, no reg device and dial indicator?