Author Topic: Sericol RFU Discharge Orange  (Read 1042 times)

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
Sericol RFU Discharge Orange
« on: July 10, 2016, 04:35:49 PM »
We just ran a job using Sericol RFU Discharge Orange for the first time and had major screen dry-in issues.  The other two colors we were using (non-sericol white & grey) had no dry-in at all, so it was surprising to see the difficulty with the orange.  I unfortunately had a fairly new catcher at the end of the dryer, so it wasn't caught until the end of a 200 piece run.  The inks definitely thickened over the course of the run, and there was a general degradation of the print as the run went on.

We've used Sericol's RFU reds before without issue, but this was a longer run than those were.  Additives used in the ink 3% Rutland Lubricant, 3% Rutland Penetrant and 3% Matsui Fixer N, and it was printed double stroke with high pressure through a 150S.  I also added a bit of water to the ink once I saw it thickening up, but didn't add any more throughout the run. 

We are going to have to reprint the shirts, and I was planning on just mixing our own orange using CCI Base and Matsui pigs, but wanted to see if anyone else has run into these issues with the Sericol Orange and if it is possible to get it running better before we make the switch back to our house mixes. I have to admit to being a bit nervous about using the ink again, but we have a gallon of it and I don't want it to go to waste if there's a possibility of getting it to run a bit more in line with other colors.

Thanks much.
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL