Author Topic: Converting Corel Transparencies to expanded or vector info  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Converting Corel Transparencies to expanded or vector info
« on: July 15, 2016, 09:31:41 AM »
Hello Corel users.

1, I need to convert Corel art with transparency fills to what I would call regular vector fills with solid spot color strokes and tints of that same color as a regular fill. No transparency it multiply features.

2, when Corel users blend using transparencies from solid spit to "transparent" using day a blue, that needs to overlap into and over a red blend, what are the most efficient methods to archive this....without using transparency?

Is their a way to expand that so that the part that is transparent and shows the red under it, (does no fade to a white and Knicks out the red?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline larryk

• !!!
Re: Converting Corel Transparencies to expanded or vector info
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 03:23:32 PM »
Are you talking about just doing a fountain fill with 2 colors?

Offline XG Print

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 04:00:27 PM »
I'd call Tom at advancedtshirts.com  Best I know with Corel and always really helpful.
888-388-9253

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 04:37:34 PM »
Larry,

The art and fountain fill is already completed. I need to convert it so that it's not a transparency to a regular blend in the fountain fill using tegular vector blends without the colors  knocking out of each other so much. With a transparency gradient, you have day blue on one side, then fade that off to 0% on the left.

The left side shows a bright red on the left and fades over to the right (under the blue) to nothing.
The transparencies used in Corel is the issue. Was hoping for an answer as to how to achieve that same look (gradient) without using transparency.

I exported the file into Illustrator and it came over with the same look and transparencies are no problem. They are, when they come from Corel, so it's a Corel output related issue.

XG,
Thanks for assisting.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850