Author Topic: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Vector Art for Donation.....  (Read 3561 times)

Offline theMadArtist

• Creativity Makes the Difference!
2016 Jeep Wrangler Vector Art for Donation.....
« on: July 04, 2016, 09:18:29 PM »
A Printer's Customer canceled an order, leaving him without an order, and me with art unpaid.
This was part of the design to go on black- so I built it piece by piece for accuracy- the budget allowed for it- before vanishing.
Lemme know if you want to donate something for it~

Custom Art done FAST! And within your Budget...
theMadArtist.org
(253)652-4443

themadartist@live.com

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Vector Art for Donation.....
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 09:48:51 PM »
A Printer's Customer canceled an order, leaving him without an order, and me with art unpaid.
This was part of the design to go on black- so I built it piece by piece for accuracy- the budget allowed for it- before vanishing.
Lemme know if you want to donate something for it~

Though I realize that this is not a business post, it still begs the question why you didn't get paid.
Your client was the printer. Doesn't matter what happened on his end. He screwed you.

Hopefully this post will serve as a lesson to others.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline larryk

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 10:41:48 AM »
I would take one if it had 35" tires and was red.........

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 10:46:15 AM »
You seem to not be paid frequently. Its time you start figuring out the business end of what you are doing.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 10:53:06 AM »
Was going to say...why are you working on art without getting at minimum some sort of deposit?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 11:26:18 AM »
That's a lot of art work for free, I will admit I have a few piece's of art that I did for free, but it only took me a few minutes to do, nothing like this.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline larryk

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 11:56:08 AM »
Good grief guys..... lighten up. He was just trying to pass along some nice artwork at a discounted price not asking for advice on how to run his business.  He knows what he is doing, as we all do, but on occasion we all let a few slip through the cracks. I deal with Mike on a regular basis and from what I can tell is he is pretty solid with what he does, even though he is from Oregon. By the way Mike... Nice looking Jeep!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 12:00:02 PM »
Good grief guys..... lighten up. He was just trying to pass along some nice artwork at a discounted price not asking for advice on how to run his business.  He knows what he is doing, as we all do, but on occasion we all let a few slip through the cracks. I deal with Mike on a regular basis and from what I can tell is he is pretty solid with what he does, even though he is from Oregon. By the way Mike... Nice looking Jeep!

Well meaning advice, asked for or not...a small price to pay for the free exposure our less-than-totally-mentally-sound artist friend receives here on The Shirt Board.  ;)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 12:05:10 PM »
Larry I know what you are saying but hey would you print order's without getting some kind of deposit, Mike is a good artist and yes he knows what he is doing, but we all can use advice sometimes good or bad  LOL but if I ever need a nice vector Jeep I know where to get one from.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline larryk

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 12:26:10 PM »
Well as a matter of fact... yes I would print shirts without some kind of deposit. That is part of the customer service that my customers come to me for. But I do understand the point you are making and most, but not all, new customers are required to put down a deposit. That being said, there are times when we still have to chase down money from an old customer.... but not very often. If I were in a large city with new customers everyday I'm sure our policies would have to change. Perhaps Mike's customer is one he has dealt with before and has never had this happen...... we really didn't ask what the situation was we just decided to tell him where he screwed up. I'm not upset about all the free advice Mike is getting but the way I looked at it was ...... why kick a dog when he is down.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 12:33:58 PM »
we really didn't ask what the situation was we just decided to tell him where he screwed up. I'm not upset about all the free advice Mike is getting but the way I looked at it was ...... why kick a dog when he is down.

Rather than a downed dog kicking session, this needs to viewed as more of a group therapy session where total honesty with no punches pulled (along with possible drug therapy) is key to recovery.  8)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 12:52:03 PM »
Larry, I think you may be overlooking the fact he's commented several times here about not being able to be paid for various artwork he's done. So I think some of us maybe wondering why he hasn't learned his lesson yet on this.

Kind of like someone sticking their finger in a light socket and then saying ouch... then repeating. At some point someone has to mention that you are doing it to yourself....

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2016, 12:56:14 PM »
What gets me is that because the printers customer disappeared then the artist doesn't get paid? The printer is the doche in this situation, he should have paid the artist regardless of his inability to track his customers

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2016, 02:12:25 PM »
What gets me is that because the printers customer disappeared then the artist doesn't get paid? The printer is the doche in this situation, he should have paid the artist regardless of his inability to track his customers

Totally agree.

MadArtist's 'customer' is the printer... not the end client... the printer should still be on the hook.

think of it this way... if you buy shirts from your supplier and the customer doesn't show up to pick up the order, will the shirt supplier 'eat' the cost of the shirts?  Heck no.

this being said... 

MadArtist should have a payment up front, or at least 'retainer/initiation/'setup fee' or something so that he gets at least minimally paid for his work.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2016, 02:32:24 PM »
How much do you all get paid to chase payments?  Zero, that's how much you are paid to do that. No matter if it is partial or full payment. So you can either chose to be paid up front or chase some portion of clients for payment usually after you have already put in work. You do it to yourself at the end of the day. I am certain we are all not bankers.