Author Topic: Just ordered some tees from the OkayPlayer store and this is what I got.  (Read 1647 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
In terms of print quality you can`t get anything worse then this. What`s the opposite to no hand, well this has the feel to it of extra coarse sand paper. Wonder who printed this crap and let it slip through quality control in this state. Proves there are shops who don`t give a ...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 10:55:49 PM by Rockers »

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
To answer your question, the opposite of no hand is "bulletproof", whether it's smooth or rough.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Yikes!!!

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
This is getting even better. I had ordered twice the same t-shirt, one for me and the other for my wife. partner look you know.
While one of them got a small back print the other has none.
honestly you could not make this up.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Oh and then the tag printed inside the shirt. What does it say next to "cotton":)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
call "J Dilla" and ax him for your 50 cent back.

this industry is too easy to get into. send it back.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Oh and then the tag printed inside the shirt. What does it say next to "cotton":)

I would have thought that you could read Japanese.  :p

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
Yikes!

Online zanegun08

Not to say those are nice prints by any means, but I have some customers that we printed shirts with Matsui black, turned out super nice, and they requested on the next run to do plastisol since they don't feel that the soft print is quality.

Also, Puff Inks, Crackle, High Density is very much coming back into style, so while I like 100% cotton with a thin print, I have some customers that are printing puff on shirts and want what I would call a "gross print".

Actually they are some of my best customers, because they like the flaws, and aren't after a perfect print, or looking at their product with a microscope, so just because most people here on the forums think a soft, crisp print is the way to go, there are people who find quality in a bulletproof print.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
mannnnn i got really scared. We now print for the okay player store, and i was really freaked out that we messed something out.

but we didn't print that!

Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
I will agree zane, everything is not what we like it's, all about what the customer likes and want, I'll give them my best advice and in the same statement tell them we will print it however you like.  I think as printer's here we try to one up each on the very best technique of printing one hit whites, not double stroking top layers, running the press around etc once which is all good to know and do , but giving the customer what they want is the bottom line.  I've seen some amazing print's posted here and I can't tell you how or what they printed it with, but it looked good to me. ;) I had some hip hop client's and yes they like the ink thick on certain items.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 06:00:51 PM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
A few years back I quoted a job for some soccer shirts. The person asking was someone I knew in the offset print shop I used to do contract work for. He gave me a sample of the shirts that had printed the year before by someone from his home country of Columbia. The ink was at least 1/16" thick. I didn't get the bid. I guess they liked their money's worth.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Not to say those are nice prints by any means, but I have some customers that we printed shirts with Matsui black, turned out super nice, and they requested on the next run to do plastisol since they don't feel that the soft print is quality.

Also, Puff Inks, Crackle, High Density is very much coming back into style, so while I like 100% cotton with a thin print, I have some customers that are printing puff on shirts and want what I would call a "gross print".

Actually they are some of my best customers, because they like the flaws, and aren't after a perfect print, or looking at their product with a microscope, so just because most people here on the forums think a soft, crisp print is the way to go, there are people who find quality in a bulletproof print.
Point is that we have the same shirt here twice. One is size M the other size L. Size M is OK, a basic spot color print, but the size L is so different in the quality of the print it`s amazing how this could have passed qc at the shop. And just to top it off they did not print the back of the size M shirt while size L got the back print, as well very badly executed though.