Author Topic: Wilflex white Lava  (Read 13701 times)

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
Re: Wilflex white Lava
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2016, 07:41:41 AM »
So did you print strait out of the gallon, what mesh count. Please tell me more details on your experience. What other whites have you used or using before Lava.

The photo I posted was a plasticharge mix , but 9 times out of 10 I use it straight out of the bucket. Most common mesh I use is 150-S and 135-S but I've printed it through a 180-S just fine.

Prior to this white I was using the cotton and poly version of the Synergy White. I also use One Stroke Versamax, Triangle Phoenix, IC Legacy, Rutland Street Fighter, QCM Glacier.

Compared to those whites, I feel like the Lava mattes fibers better and overall is easy to print with. I print manually and our shop is pretty cold this time of the year, so even though all of our inks get pretty stiff, the Lava seems to loosen up fairly easy once I get a few prints going. Clears the screens very easily, granted, everything clears easily on a 135-S.

Offline rogerholien

« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2016, 05:27:25 PM »
I have gotten samples of S- mesh and popped them when trying for more newtons. What is it about S-mesh that you like and what is a general newton number you get for printing. What about White ink? Just curious. Thanks for your feedback.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2016, 10:07:06 PM »
Don't stretch them too high. I use static frames. Most of which are in the 18-22 newton range. The thread diameter is lower then traditional mesh so there is more open area and it results in an easier transfer of the ink to the shirt. Lava LB white is going to be my standard for a while now. I just ordered more of it.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2016, 10:56:51 PM »
I have gotten samples of S- mesh and popped them when trying for more newtons. What is it about S-mesh that you like and what is a general newton number you get for printing. What about White ink? Just curious. Thanks for your feedback.

Here is a link to the S-mesh guide from Murakami, gives you all the recommended tension levels
http://www.murakamiscreen.com/documents/MeshGuidefromCatalogweb.pdf