Author Topic: Here we go!!!  (Read 2111 times)

Offline AAMike

Here we go!!!
« on: November 03, 2016, 08:46:44 AM »
Hot Market Cubs and of course I was up at 1:30 am with adrenaline pumping through my veins. We will see if Starbucks Doubleshot can pull me through the day. Btw, we are not printing locker room, the secondary designs.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: Here we go!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 09:13:24 AM »
Gratz!
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline cleveprint

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 09:56:46 AM »
and Im stuck here sending back 7 pallets today. Sad face :(

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 10:38:57 AM »
much smaller number of shirts here, but less of an issue than the depressing loss. . . This one HURTS!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline AAMike

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 10:41:47 AM »
We had some if win for both teams but not a ton.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 10:52:19 AM »
been there, done that, both sides, winning and losing... long night.

Steve

We have a guy doing a thousand onesies with a 2 color for it, not hot market, but the a couple days after the fact. We're told that the fans are so starved for this, they will buy almost anything for days, and who can blame them?
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline AAMike

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 10:59:42 AM »
I had no skin in the game being a reds fan. I am happy for the cubs but feel bad for the indians. Both teams were worthy of a championship and well managed. I was sad to see Chapman leave the reds a while back and make it on the cubs. It was always awesome to see him pitch at the stadium. TV does not do him justice when he is on his game.

Offline cleveprint

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 11:13:05 AM »
unbelievable game. i was pacing around the house like a mad man. losing the series when being up 3-1 is pretty heartbreaking. but then again, this is cleveland and we are sort of used to this. at least we got to print for the cavs this summer, that was fun.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 11:16:27 AM »
I lost interest in baseball and most sports a few years back.  Growing up in Atlanta in the 90's was great with the Braves.  Smoltz calling the game last night brought back a lot of memories from then.

Last night was the only MLB game I watched all year.  It was a great one too.  I still can't believe Maddon pulled Hendricks in the 5th.

I barely stayed awake towards the end and through the rain delay.  And I never even thought about the hot market folks.  I kind of miss those days, but also don't miss them. 

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2016, 11:21:08 AM »
Good on your bro!

Hot market printing is fun, a great test of systems and working in a good flow.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2016, 11:36:45 AM »
and Im stuck here sending back 7 pallets today. Sad face :(

Do you have to pay a restocking charge? Return freight charge? How does that work for the printers who's team didn't win?

I was rooting for the Indians. I was very sad to see Tito leave Boston.

Offline cleveprint

• !!!
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2016, 11:39:24 AM »
ours was all contract, so I just have to wait for the RA # and a truck to show up. no loss for us, other than the missed printing. i asked my customer about this and they said they get free re-stocking because of the volume but have to pay the return freight. small price to pay for them as they were setup in Chicago and here in Cleveland.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2016, 11:49:10 AM »
Warriors revenge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline AAMike

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2016, 12:20:01 PM »
unbelievable game. i was pacing around the house like a mad man. losing the series when being up 3-1 is pretty heartbreaking. but then again, this is cleveland and we are sort of used to this. at least we got to print for the cavs this summer, that was fun.

I married a woman from Cleveland and she is a die-hard Browns fan. God love her.