Author Topic: CorelDRAW Suite X8 - hit or miss?  (Read 3873 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
CorelDRAW Suite X8 - hit or miss?
« on: August 22, 2016, 11:29:58 AM »
I heard some grumbling about X7, how are the early adopters of X8 liking it?
Worth the jump from X6?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline aauusa

Re: CorelDRAW Suite X8 - hit or miss?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 11:47:57 AM »
still with 7 here.   have not made the switch yet as some of my plugins(rhinestone) are not ready for 8 yet

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 11:53:11 AM »
still with 7 here.   have not made the switch yet as some of my plugins(rhinestone) are not ready for 8 yet

Did you have any major problems with 7 other than an updated learning curve?

Offline aauusa

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 12:15:52 PM »
not really it was more of a pain to get plugins updated.  I hate the new and improved font viewer,  but other like it.     really easy upgrade though

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 10:22:53 PM »
I have not jumped yet, but I think the selling point is that it might be more win10 friendly
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 07:44:44 AM »
my X4 is acting funny on win10, I have X6 here but I don't think it will work on 10 either. How do you guys like X8 so far?

it seems this "free" windows 10 upgrade is costing everyone a chunk of change in other program upgrades. got you by the nuts don't they? ::)
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 10:05:50 AM »
my X4 is acting funny on win10, I have X6 here but I don't think it will work on 10 either. How do you guys like X8 so far?

it seems this "free" windows 10 upgrade is costing everyone a chunk of change in other program upgrades. got you by the nuts don't they? ::)

Doesn't Windows lately include the option of running it in "legacy" mode for applications that don't play well with the newest OS?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 08:17:07 PM »
I just recently bought a Corel X6 CD and it's running fine on 10......now.

You might experience what I first saw where the option line at the top was transparent unless you scrolled over the selections.  I was able to go to Corel and get a patch file and an update for X6 and now everything works fine.  Those two things fixed everything.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 09:52:39 PM »
D'hell with it. I just bought X8 and Tom hooked me up with the Advanced Artists updates I needed. X4 was getting real weird on me, like checking out your cousin kinda weird  :o....we shall see how it goes. thanks pops.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 10:04:41 PM »
Hi Jason,

I think you'll be fine with X8 and 10.  I did have to install a fresh copy of 10 as like others have said, the 'upgrade' to 10 is not without problems.  That might have been some of the 'weirdness' you were experiencing.

Being cheap, I found a full licensed X6 CD on Ebay for a really good price.  Was supposed to be 'new', but had some suspicious scratches, but was able to copy to disk using some special software my son uses at work for backups.  Once it copied clean to disk, I was able to install and working fine.