Author Topic: Workhorse refurb complete!  (Read 9691 times)

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Workhorse refurb complete!
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2011, 12:49:48 PM »
Look for a specific fastener store. Usually under "fasteners" in the yeller... er google.

Just checked the regi bolts are M12 , Fastener doesnt go past M10. Still unsure of the rod ends (micros) , starting to think those are custom made for WH. I'm almost thinking about going metal on those and see if there's really any difference.

Next time go American. USA! USA! USA!

Workhorse is USA , they need to go USA lol . Metric is so much more expensive than standard.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2011, 12:55:38 PM »
Look for a specific fastener store. Usually under "fasteners" in the yeller... er google.

Just checked the regi bolts are M12 , Fastener doesnt go past M10. Still unsure of the rod ends (micros) , starting to think those are custom made for WH. I'm almost thinking about going metal on those and see if there's really any difference.

Workhorse is USA , they need to go USA lol . Metric is so much more expensive than standard.

Way off topic, but think of how much money we would save on tools if America went to metric.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2011, 12:56:45 PM »
Nothing...because there is too much old equipment out there that would need standard to still service it.  It would take a couple decades to actually see a cost savings.

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2011, 01:05:01 PM »
Nothing...because there is too much old equipment out there that would need standard to still service it.  It would take a couple decades to actually see a cost savings.

At least a couple decades, but in the long run it would be the best thing.

When I was a bicycle mechanic, I grew so accustomed to metric sizing that anytime I had to switch to standard it just seemed goofy.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2011, 01:08:09 PM »
Yeah, I also have whitworth wrenches.  Even though the car is 50 years old, they are still made, and available.  At this point, who cares?  We'd be better off not minting pennies and instead mint dollar coins...instead of paper.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2011, 01:33:57 PM »

This is definitely one place that I REALLY LOVE the metric system. I do wish we would convert everything it is so hard to convert lbs, miles, a person's height and other daily things.  But when it comes to tools... oh how I love metric.  Maybe because I've always had foreign vehicles.

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2011, 01:38:57 PM »
My Workhorse fellows....  Just scored 2 bags of 25 for 1.75 (per bag of 25) . Way more than I need but if you need a few see me lol. Or order a bag yourself. After shipping it came to .20 ea.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000OCUVTE/?tag=lucky84-20

Looks like I'm stuck with WH on the regi rod ends though...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 01:50:59 PM by endless ink printing »

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2011, 02:18:31 PM »
it sounds you like your WH features registration, pitch control, etc.
it helps clearing some the smoke out of my head
what if WH comes with air lock would it be a major improvement for setting screen quiker?
just wondering

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2011, 02:30:10 PM »
it sounds you like your WH features registration, pitch control, etc.
it helps clearing some the smoke out of my head
what if WH comes with air lock would it be a major improvement for setting screen quiker?
just wondering

Airlocks on a manual seems to me like an overkill and not needed in the least.

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2011, 02:42:11 PM »

Airlocks on a manual seems to me like an overkill and not needed in the least.
Not until you've used it. Chameleon + airlocks + tri loc = 8 seconds to register each color. Breakdown is almost instantaneous.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2011, 02:43:04 PM »
agreed.  once you've used airlocks, you never go back.

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2011, 02:48:49 PM »
Anyone ever had such a hardtime ordering parts from WH?

N/M got it sorted out but 65.00 for 5 little plastic rod ends after shipping HOLY CRAP!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 03:42:05 PM by endless ink printing »

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2011, 02:54:56 PM »
Not counting time at the light table (less than a minute per color), this is how long it takes to register each color on the press:

Lock...

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2011, 02:56:16 PM »
Anyone ever had such a hardtime ordering parts from WH? Ordered parts last Thursday never got my order confirmation, checked the bank the charge was never made then called on Friday they knew nothing about any order being placed. Called today to cancle that order, still cant find the order from thursday or friday... ok so I gave them a new order for just the rod ends. Still no confirmation email. WOW!!! If I call back tomorrow and have to go through this again, I'm gonna say screw it and rig something up from home depot. >:(

I've never placed an order with them but they were helpful on the phone with questions. Sounds like they were having a holiday weekend. All week.

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2011, 03:42:51 PM »
Anyone ever had such a hardtime ordering parts from WH? Ordered parts last Thursday never got my order confirmation, checked the bank the charge was never made then called on Friday they knew nothing about any order being placed. Called today to cancle that order, still cant find the order from thursday or friday... ok so I gave them a new order for just the rod ends. Still no confirmation email. WOW!!! If I call back tomorrow and have to go through this again, I'm gonna say screw it and rig something up from home depot. >:(

I've never placed an order with them but they were helpful on the phone with questions. Sounds like they were having a holiday weekend. All week.

N/M got it sorted out but 65.00 for 5 little plastic rod ends after shipping HOLY CRAP!

Win some and lose some I guess.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 03:57:30 PM by endless ink printing »