Author Topic: New screen tension?  (Read 5150 times)

Offline jvieira

Re: New screen tension?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2016, 11:04:52 AM »
We're also having this problem and with the cost of screens, we decided on doing it ourselves. Never had a screen coming with over 23 newtons, they should be at ~30

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2016, 01:36:07 PM »
Brannon and Scott do a great job and A+customer svc. Used them for a long time. In app 2 wks time however; we'll be printing with tensions btwn 25-50 after work hardening.......that should be interesting. Looking forward to observing results

Tony with rollers.. never thought i'd see the day  8)

they'll be all over the place to match the variance in tension.

shoot for 30 across the board, no need for more than that with today's mesh.

I was waiting for that John! This a brand new facility with brand new everything so no transition issues though I'm sure a few  overcomeable obstacles

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2016, 01:45:31 PM »
Tension is mesh specific.  Take 150S.  My chart says 18-28.  At 28 you are at risk of popping the mesh.  Any more and the mesh stages, or doesnt get any tighter, just more fragile as threads are pulled to the max.  At 22 you will still have excellent prints, but also have a screen that is less prone to popping.  At 28 if you were to degrease and set in the hot Socal sun the frame can expand and increase tension. 

If you want 30 newtons stick with T mesh, or go the chart and find a mesh that can accept a 30 newton tension.

For Newmans, especially older beat up newmans, I recommend panels to avoid any dents or nicks on the channel that can rip fine mesh counts.

Newmans can withstand tensions of 30 or more.  Statics can get up to 30 with the right beefy frames, but most statics will warp at high tensions unless they have a thick sidewall, most dont. 

Al
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2016, 03:22:37 PM »
I just got my invoice from Spot Color on my restretches...i don't know why but I get so excited when I have good frames on the way, and theirs are great...so I am stoked. It's a funny thing to get excited about, but I can't wait to get them coated and in rotation.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2016, 04:17:48 PM »
Brad I'm right there with ya, I like getting what I ordered, tight screens good inks etc ;)
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2016, 06:30:01 PM »
I just got my invoice from Spot Color on my restretches...i don't know why but I get so excited when I have good frames on the way, and theirs are great...so I am stoked. It's a funny thing to get excited about, but I can't wait to get them coated and in rotation.

I feel the same way. I never got excited about static frames until I started using spot color. Best statics out there. I love the perm. blockout also. Feel like it gives those sensitive edges some decent protection.