Author Topic: Skewed print  (Read 3345 times)

Offline CBCB

• !!!
Re: Skewed print
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 08:33:50 AM »
I had to teach my printer how to load these correctly, he was terrible with tri-blends whe loading. I showed him how to laod the shirt exactly like he always does but once he has it where he likes it lift up the majority of the shirt and let it fall down into its natural position. It is amazing to see how much skew a shirt can  have even when the hems all are lined up.

This 100%. My hunch for these is always on loading. It's so easy to skew these kind of tees. Too much tack will definitely amplify the symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SI

• !!!
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2017, 11:10:48 PM »
Did you find a solution for this Alex?  happens to me occasionally, I just bury them deep :)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2017, 07:43:35 AM »
Did you find a solution for this Alex?  happens to me occasionally, I just bury them deep :)
We were able to save 2 or 3 with Greg's idea. What we found actually on the majority of them, not the one pictured, is they are/were printed just fine. Centered and level, but the white threads/fleck/tri blend look actually were not level or straight. That in turn created a very serious optical illusion. You could hold the shirt and it looked like everything was dipping to the left. Break out the old tape measure and the print was nuts on. Of course, I'd expect nothing less from us... :P

We tried to figure out a way to explain that to the customer without looking like we are trying to pull a fast one. We did up a Illustration on the computer, printed it out and brought the tape measure. All in all it ended up OK. We replaced 2 that were really bad.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com