Author Topic: Exposure unit Vacuum will no longer draw down my large screens  (Read 903 times)

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
Exposure unit Vacuum will no longer draw down my large screens
« on: October 27, 2016, 10:38:39 AM »
So I just switched out my blanket to a brand new blanket.  An exact replacement.  Installed everything back where it came off.  It will draw out all of the air out of a small frame, but when I put in my 23x31 screen, nothing.

I am using a cheap-o Lincoln exposure unit, so there is really no one I can call and ask.  The seller wont respond to my emails.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Exposure unit Vacuum will no longer draw down my large screens
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 11:02:22 AM »
Air is probably escaping somewhere. Push down around the outside of the blanket frame and see if you start to get vacuum.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 11:28:30 AM »
Air is probably escaping somewhere. Push down around the outside of the blanket frame and see if you start to get vacuum.

If the frame is warped, and that is causing the issue, Shanarchy's suggestion could not only locate the leak, but a little pressure in the troubled spot may get get you the seal.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 02:15:13 PM »
If the lid was removed from the unit for installation of the new blanket try this...Place your large frame on the glass close the lid and lock it. Loosen the lid hinge adjustment bolts and turn on the vacuum. After it seals, you may have to apply pressure at the rear of the lid to get it to, tighten the hinge adjustment bolts. Hope this helps.
Dale Hoyal