Author Topic: USA Elections, whaddya think?  (Read 13644 times)

Offline aauusa

Re: USA Elections, whaddya think?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2016, 01:00:19 PM »
what i think is funny is how some think this election was about bringing jobs back.  they will not come back period.  if they look further down the road you will see another mass loss of jobs and gov  money when the driverless cars and truck start to go full swing.

think about it.  no traffic tickets,  drivers not insured cars and systems are,  no extra charges for bs pull overs.  no dui's, speeding, failrue to yield etc  no need for traffic courts, all the revenue from tickets courts probation etc.  and this is not even thinking about long haul truck drivers.

Offline aauusa

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2016, 01:06:05 PM »

As for things "working out", I don't think white men have anything to worry about, but everyone else...

what a bunch of bull.   

oh do not forget Obama had the house and senate his first term which is how the ACA was passed,  and that program has done wonders for all right.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 01:08:04 PM »
Again, folks really didn't vote for Trump as much as they voted against Clinton and the establishment.  Trump is an outsider.  He's never held office in his life.  Will he be more of the same? Probably.

I don't see a wall happening, or half of what he promised.  It never does.  Remember, Guantanamo is still open.  We do need to start balancing the budget, $17,000,000,000,000 is a lot of money to be in debt.

His speech last night did give me some hope for a positive outcome.  And I think Hillary's speech today was great as well.  Now is the time for unity.  Stop protesting and move on, so you didn't get your way, focus your energy on something that benefits other people.

As for things "working out", I don't think white men have anything to worry about, but everyone else...

Do you have anything to back that up?

https://twitter.com/DrDavidDuke/status/796249464826687488
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2016, 01:13:04 PM »
Again, folks really didn't vote for Trump as much as they voted against Clinton and the establishment.  Trump is an outsider.  He's never held office in his life.  Will he be more of the same? Probably.

I don't see a wall happening, or half of what he promised.  It never does.  Remember, Guantanamo is still open.  We do need to start balancing the budget, $17,000,000,000,000 is a lot of money to be in debt.

His speech last night did give me some hope for a positive outcome.  And I think Hillary's speech today was great as well.  Now is the time for unity.  Stop protesting and move on, so you didn't get your way, focus your energy on something that benefits other people.

Do you have anything to back that up?

Only tons and tons of Trumps own words, his supporters own words, etc.

Honestly, I hope I am completely wrong about the guy.  I hope I am completely wrong about Republicans in general.  I hope with control of the presidency, the senate, and the house they choose to focus on actually working for the people and improving this country in ways that matter, but man am I skeptical based on the last 30 years.

Offline aauusa

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2016, 01:18:45 PM »
but man am I skeptical based on the last 30 years.

you do realize the last 30years 16 of them were democrats.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2016, 01:25:57 PM »
Hillary would have been more of the same and that's going so well.  We can continue to play that same game as a country or we can start trying options. Do I think Trump was our best option, not in any shape or form. As always we are essentially presented with 2 people we aren't happy with....so keep the status quo or try something else. Lets see how it goes.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2016, 01:36:23 PM »

what a bunch of bull.   

oh do not forget Obama had the house and senate his first term which is how the ACA was passed,  and that program has done wonders for all right.

He had a majority in the house for 2 years, half of his first term.  He had a filibuster proof super majority in the senate for 7 months.  The ACA was passed after he lost this supermajority and the most important aspect of that legislation (public option) was shelved as a compromise to appease obstructionists on the right (who were influenced mainly by lobbying from the private insurance industry).  The version we ended up with underwent massive changes to become passable and is watered down and broken in many ways, but there are numerous aspects of it that are good.  My parents have insurance now specifically because of it.  It is objectively not the disaster the right makes it out to be, even with it's faults.  Repealing it will not magically bring down healthcare costs for anyone, and believing it will is ignorant.  Healthcare costs are what they are because private healthcare is profit motivated.  We spend twice as much per capita on healthcare as the next most expensive country, are the only country where people lose their homes and savings because they get sick, and have relatively mediocre care comparatively.  If you honestly think people in Europe and Canada aren't exceedingly proud of their systems and would trade them for what we have, you're the victim of a propaganda campaign instead of looking at facts.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2016, 01:50:59 PM »

Democrats have had control of the presidency, senate, and the house for 4 years total since Jimmy Carter.  My point isnt "who was in the white house", its that Republicans have chosen to focus on narrow social issues that appease conservative Christians, tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations, growing the surveillance/police state, and want to get rid of things like the EPA that exist specifically to protect citizens from corporate interests.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2016, 03:32:42 PM »
My biggest concern, and this is serious.

Trump will now have control over the @POTUS twitter account!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2016, 03:35:52 PM »

Dank Meme's
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2016, 03:42:33 PM »

Trump drunk tweets would be funny. I doubt he'll have any control over what goes up there, and that's probably a good thing.

The funniest twitter handle I've seen in a long time is @berniethoughts of course I gave up on twitter a while back, so I am sure there is something funnier now...maybe that guy will do trump tweets now.

Offline trebor

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2016, 04:01:18 PM »
I find it interesting that Trump is accused of being a bully by a segment of folks that have bullied white, middle class Americans for a few decades now. We call the liberals folks wrong, they call us evil. The fact is, and we proved it in this election, we are sick and tiered of being called racists and haters and whatever else they would call us when we don't fall in line. We are tired of footing the bill financially. We are tiered of the federal government telling us how to run our lives. This is a link to an article that was published back in March that pretty well called the way it was going to go down, so don't be surprised. Our own little TSB voter polled reflected this...We've had enough...we organized our vote and our voice was heard.And it didn't take 2 billion dollars that the democrats spent on this election cycle. Thank you Donald Trump for helping our voice to be heard.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/03/15/forgotten-americans-are-engaged-and-gop-must-not-fail-them-again.html

Offline AAMike

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2016, 04:04:22 PM »
I just wish more people educated themselves on the political system and what's really going on instead of reading FB click bait posts and basing their opinion on that. We really do have a ton of people that really have no idea what is going on and how to fact check. I find it hard to support anyone running for office with a fear based agenda versus this is what I am going to do and here is the plan.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2016, 04:08:43 PM »

Democrats have had control of the presidency, senate, and the house for 4 years total since Jimmy Carter.  My point isnt "who was in the white house", its that Republicans have chosen to focus on narrow social issues that appease conservative Christians, tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations, growing the surveillance/police state, and want to get rid of things like the EPA that exist specifically to protect citizens from corporate interests.

I voted, went home, ate, watched  couple of movies, played guitar for a while, tuned in to see what was happening, and was pleased, as l liked seeing the establishment, the self described elite, taking one squarely in the nuts... I despise the elite, I know them well, and they are supported by people who never realize they are being lied to, and just continue to believe the lie... if you think the politicians are on your side, you are being used as a tool... just keep your noses to the grindstone, and treat others as you would have them treat you.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline trebor

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2016, 04:32:37 PM »
I just wish more people educated themselves on the political system and what's really going on instead of reading FB click bait posts and basing their opinion on that. We really do have a ton of people that really have no idea what is going on and how to fact check. I find it hard to support anyone running for office with a fear based agenda versus this is what I am going to do and here is the plan.

If that is directed toward me, I certainly take exception. I know the gentleman that wrote the article and we have talk about this with each other. You probably didn't even read the article. Yesterday's election had NOTHING to do with policy. A majority of people in this country are tired of status quo and were willing to take a chance on Trump to change it up.