Author Topic: Our new presses! So, what did we get and why?  (Read 10799 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Our new presses! So, what did we get and why?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2016, 05:14:53 PM »
while I was there, Danny was running a four color on triblends! with two flashes (two underbases) and the ROQCool at 963 per hour. Anything with an underbase at almost a K per hours is good with me!  ;D

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 05:18:55 PM »
Congrats Pierre!   

Let us know how you end up using the Roq 4 you.  We really wanted to get one in here but not enough power available to run it.

Did you mean that 2x sportsman presses cost more than roqs?  If that's the case I don't see how it was even a consideration.  Sportsman EX’s maximum cycles per hour is 75 dozen per hour.  200-300pcs/hr drop sounds like a problem for your shop.  Maybe an EXG can cycle faster?  Was just curious on that part of the decision.  Coming from a sportsman owner moving to roq, I think (I hope!) you made the right one for you shop.

no, ROQs were more expensive. They are more inline with the Gauntlet III than with the Sportsmans. But even though they were more, I felt we were getting more value. Peter offered to make us the high speed versions that would print over K per hour, so the speed was not an issue. The YOU is about 1050, it's only the ECO that is a little bit faster than what they were offering.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2016, 05:20:17 PM »

we do have a handful of newmans, too. so all we'll have to do is make the blocks taller?

pierre

Yep, we just turned one on it's side. I believe they have taller ones available though, I remember Kurtis
mentioning something.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2016, 06:17:43 PM »
When I was considering expanding and going with an auto, they sat on the top of my list. I am excited for you and can't wait to see them in action. Everything I have heard about their support is it's stellar I think you made a great choice. 

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2016, 06:35:51 PM »
Congrats Pierre!   

Let us know how you end up using the Roq 4 you.  We really wanted to get one in here but not enough power available to run it.

Did you mean that 2x sportsman presses cost more than roqs?  If that's the case I don't see how it was even a consideration.  Sportsman EX’s maximum cycles per hour is 75 dozen per hour.  200-300pcs/hr drop sounds like a problem for your shop.  Maybe an EXG can cycle faster?  Was just curious on that part of the decision.  Coming from a sportsman owner moving to roq, I think (I hope!) you made the right one for you shop.

no, ROQs were more expensive. They are more inline with the Gauntlet III than with the Sportsmans. But even though they were more, I felt we were getting more value. Peter offered to make us the high speed versions that would print over K per hour, so the speed was not an issue. The YOU is about 1050, it's only the ECO that is a little bit faster than what they were offering.

pierre

Gotcha.  I see the strength of the M&R machines more in their low cost and ability to hold value so I figured I had that backwards somehow.

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2016, 08:24:26 PM »
Congrats!

I've always wondered why more companies don't offer presses like the 4YOU.  It seems to make sense. 
I know that a a true 4 color press with 2 flashes would serve nearly 90% of our daily business.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline ryanmoor

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2016, 11:47:56 PM »
Pierre, just wanted to send out a note and say thank you, since we first met I have very much respected why and how you run Blue Moon and I am excited that you chose ROQ as your next presses! Look forward to continuing to build the relationships.
Ryan

PS Thanks for inspiring Jeffrey to download audible and listen to some of the audio books I am always talking about :) He reads a lot but you can double up your learning and positive input that way so not sure what you said but thumbs up to that!

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2016, 11:54:20 PM »
Great news brother!
I know you put a tremendous amount of thought and time into this decision.

Enjoy your new toys!
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2016, 07:34:25 AM »
Congratulations P........Pics of install would be cool. I'll p-mail pics of ours later. Blue and Gray

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2016, 07:38:27 AM »
Congrats Pierre.
Will stop by to see them when they are up and running!

Online Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2016, 08:22:41 AM »
excellent P!

Might just be me but I am impressed with Ryonet, they seem to have stepped away from the "Yudu" mindset, that's awesome. I may give them another look for some supplies...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2016, 08:42:03 AM »
Congrats Pierre, the excitement of new gear us awesome. 
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2016, 09:12:35 AM »
I am in the same boat with Ryonet.

I hired a guy about 3 years ago that bought a silver press to print his band shirts(when I hired him he was trying to sell the press).  They were definitely pushing to the home shop.

I am glad they are moving away from that mindset as well.  I am going to check out their green galaxy emulsion they have.  It looks really good.

Although I went to their site to get some press pricing and made the mistake of signing up for their daily emails.  I really wanted a rep to email or call me so we could discuss what I am looking for(possibly)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2016, 10:03:25 AM »
This young group might be the next force in screen printing equipment, plus they listen, look and learn from everyone...Congrats P GO GREEN!
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2016, 12:50:13 PM »
Sorry, not all of us... M&R has earned my business and will continue to do so. 

Also, I still believe that the SRoque print head design sucks.  Just about EVERY video I see, including those from Danny who calls me out, shows them printing with what I would consider more than optimal pressure... Those squeegees are far from straight up and down, and are bent over.

At the very least, I hope that M&R sees this, and starts to innovate themselves as well as lower the prices.

I'm also not really sure how Pierre is coming up with a 5% performance difference.  I've personally seen the M&R presses indexing at 3000+pcs/hr, and I know for a fact that the print heads can be sped up just by modifing the VFDs, although that speed up is really not necessary.

Also, Ryonet's stuff is mainly rebranded from others, and portrayed as "THE BEST EVER!" .. when they know it sucks.  Consider the relabeled IC ink garbage they've pushed for years.

(From Dan), I edited to remove a portion of one members comments at top that were quoted...that were unnecessary and non beneficial pro or con.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 02:52:52 PM by Dottonedan »