Author Topic: Our new presses! So, what did we get and why?  (Read 10771 times)

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Re: Our new presses! So, what did we get and why?
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2016, 01:07:29 PM »
Sorry, not all of us... M&R has earned my business and will continue to do so. 

Also, I still believe that the SRoque print head design sucks.  Just about EVERY video I see, including those from Danny who calls me out, shows them printing with what I would consider more than optimal pressure... Those squeegees are far from straight up and down, and are bent over.

At the very least, I hope that M&R sees this, and starts to innovate themselves as well as lower the prices.

I'm also not really sure how Pierre is coming up with a 5% performance difference.  I've personally seen the M&R presses indexing at 3000+pcs/hr, and I know for a fact that the print heads can be sped up just by modifing the VFDs, although that speed up is really not necessary.

Also, Ryonet's stuff is mainly rebranded from others, and portrayed as "THE BEST EVER!" .. when they know it sucks.  Consider the relabeled IC ink garbage they've pushed for years.

Can you please show me these videos where we are printing with what you call excessive pressure?

Can you please post videos and photos of the prints that you do?

Thanks

(From Dan), I edited to remove a portion of one members comments at top that were quoted...that were unnecessary and non beneficial pro or con.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 02:55:12 PM by Dottonedan »
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2016, 01:08:44 PM »

Also, I still believe that the SRoque print head design sucks.  Just about EVERY video I see, including those from Danny who calls me out, shows them printing with what I would consider more than optimal pressure... Those squeegees are far from straight up and down, and are bent over.

At least they can bend a squeegee instead of their pallet arms.

Offline LoneWolf2

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2016, 01:18:12 PM »
Change is a scary and hard thing for some to come to terms with (especially in an industry where one brand has reigned supreme for so long), and it's usually met with pushback, but that's the way the world turns.

Congrats on the new setup. You won't be disappointed.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2016, 01:36:30 PM »
Jason, I'd like to ask what about the print head do you think sucks? Roq builds many different style print heads so what is your beef with it? Here's a chopper style print head that is very similar to a workhorse/m&r chopper system.

Danny Gruninger

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2016, 01:41:14 PM »
I like everyone on here. Please let's not go this route. Have a good weekend!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2016, 01:52:17 PM »
The prints done on Roq's speak for themselves.  This is another stupid Ford vs Chevy, Illustrator vs Corel, Standard vs Metric debate that goes nowhere except only to prove that some folks have very thin skin.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2016, 02:03:59 PM »
Not to add to the debate, but looking at the YOU 4/8 I noticed it has a print area of 17x23.  Is that true?  If it is, that's a HUGE benefit for such a "small" and "cheap" press.  Seems everything else in that price range is closer to 16x18, and that really translates to more like 15x16.  Can anyone chime in on that?  I have to print a lot of stuff that is closer to 20" long.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2016, 02:07:08 PM »
Not to add to the debate, but looking at the YOU 4/8 I noticed it has a print area of 17x23.  Is that true?  If it is, that's a HUGE benefit for such a "small" and "cheap" press.  Seems everything else in that price range is closer to 16x18, and that really translates to more like 15x16.  Can anyone chime in on that?  I have to print a lot of stuff that is closer to 20" long.

Yeah we have done 24" tall prints on our little machine. As well as 24" wide spirit jerseys. Very versatile machine. True 4 colors with 2 flashes can cover the bulk of most shops jobs.

Danny Gruninger

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2016, 02:17:35 PM »
I don't see any debate here. 

These are two different species of machines.  Yes they both push ink through a screen with a blade but everything around that basic function is built up and engineered very differently on each type of press.

It's as much a matter of taste as anything else.  I said a couple years back that I had finally decided what I wanted for our new machines:  an S.roque base with an MHM top that was sold and serviced by M&R, haha.  Oh and I'd like the Workhorse HMI on that please.

I could point out a list of things that "suck" about any of those press designs.  And as far as service and support I could tell you wonderful and horrible stories. 

There's no reason to bring a conversation like that into what should be a congratulatory thread.  So congrats again Pierre, moving on up to 3 presses will be a beautiful thing for you shop.

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2016, 02:24:20 PM »
Congrats!!
How big is your dryer to run that fast with 2 machines (or 3) ?
Do you guys run that fast with Waterbase and discharge?
Just curious really, I hope some day we can be making moves like that!
Congrats it must be very exciting!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2016, 02:30:21 PM »
There is some guy pushing ink through a gang of lawsons right now who's making so much money he's snorting coke off a hookers ass while his pet tiger is rolling in $100 bills.

He's happy. It's ok if we all pick different brands. It really is. As long as its not playtex.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2016, 02:32:08 PM »
There is some guy pushing ink through a gang of lawsons right now who's making so much money he's snorting coke off a hookers ass while his pet tiger is rolling in $100 bills.

He's happy. It's ok if we all pick different brands. It really is. As long as its not playtex.

Is he adopting?  Checking for a friend.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2016, 02:50:04 PM »
Congrats!!
How big is your dryer to run that fast with 2 machines (or 3) ?
Do you guys run that fast with Waterbase and discharge?
Just curious really, I hope some day we can be making moves like that!
Congrats it must be very exciting!

it's 500K BTU Interchange MD-8 with 8 feet of heat. We run plastisol at 1,100 per hour every day and the dryer is keeping up with 8' of heat. I don't know that it can do much more, maybe 1,200. We are adding 4' of heat (up to 12') so that should increase our capacity to 1,800 plastisol per hour. Cut that in half for water based.

We will be printing on one machine at the time for the most part next 12 months or so. While one is being set up and torn down, the other press will be printing. Then switch. On a rare occasion we might have both running, hopefully it's plastisol and we can do 900/hour on each. The third press will be for sampling and times when we need to squeeze something in (like hot market) without impacting the daily production too much. In those cases we will suffer some bottlenecking at the dryer, but hey we are doing the best with the space we got.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2016, 02:58:56 PM »

Nice try but our Playtex which is not very old is around 700k impressions and still running like day one. We could toss it in the ocean for ballast and still have made our moneys worth of it and then some. Hell we originally bought a 6/8 and they upgraded us to a 8/10 for free, so it isn't as bad as you make it out to be.*
"No man is an island"

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2016, 03:09:14 PM »

Nice try but our Playtex which is not very old is around 700k impressions and still running like day one. We could toss it in the ocean for ballast and still have made our moneys worth of it and then some. Hell we originally bought a 6/8 and they upgraded us to a 8/10 for free, so it isn't as bad as you make it out to be.*

...and you don't have the sense of humor you should have ;)  Some of you need to lighten up. Seriously.

Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube