Author Topic: Paypal and fees  (Read 574 times)

Offline myseps

• Master Color Separator
Paypal and fees
« on: November 01, 2011, 02:41:41 PM »
Can anyone explain to me why Paypal sometimes charges me a fee to accept payments, and other times it's free?  It seems random when it decides to charge me.
myseps.com color separations by Scott D.   Follow me on facebook

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Paypal and fees
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 02:45:33 PM »
It's possible that when customers are paying you via paypal, that "some" might be paying as if it were a GIFT. If it's s gift, then you do not get charged. I think they have 1-2 other reasons why not to charge as well.  Like if it's under s specific amount maybe?  Not sure.  I always get charged. :(  really tho, if ever audited, they will check that stuff.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline myseps

• Master Color Separator
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 04:36:38 PM »
It's not the $$ amount, i know that for sure.
I read somewhere that the customer can decide who pays the fee.  I guess I'll stick to old fashioned checks whenever possible.  Checks are pretty easy now that you can deposit them on your smartphone.
myseps.com color separations by Scott D.   Follow me on facebook

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 04:38:52 PM »
If they pay with CC vs withdrawal out of checking can be a potential thing I think also.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 04:49:24 PM »
If the customer select "other" as the reason why is he/she sending money to you, there should not be any fees involved.
If they select "service" or "goods" you will get charged.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 05:00:03 PM »
If you are a business and receiving payments from your clients, then you should be paying the fees....If not, and one day PayPal catches you, they will audit you and collect the money they are owed...They often have your credit card # on file and/or they can take it out of a pending payment....