Author Topic: ROQ Hybrid - a new dawn for screen printing  (Read 8629 times)

Offline nvenda

• Verified/Junior
  • ROQing the screen printing world since 1983
ROQ Hybrid - a new dawn for screen printing
« on: November 14, 2016, 10:07:53 AM »
For the last 20 years THE biggest question has been:”will digital printing make screen printing obsolete?
Well ROQ finally ends this debate with the ROQ Hybrid.
Why choose between screen or digital when you can have both?
This is the future of garment printing, the ROQ Hybrid. In its essence it is a digital printing machine that works in perfect synchrony with an automatic screen printing machine.

Now you can have the best of both worlds but in reality you will get much more than that.

Outputting an impressive 450 pieces per hour you can maintain the productivity of a screen printing machine with digital quality production. Your setup times will be greatly reduced. You will need to use/create a much smaller number of screens. You will have a super wide colour gamut at your service.

The ROQ Hybrid can come with 8 or 12 printing heads maintaining the same production speed. The version with 8 print heads uses the CMYK colours. The version with 12 print heads uses CMYK + 2 colours enhancing the available colour gamut.

There are several reasons why ROQ decided to use the Fujifilm Dimatix for print head. This print head represents the future of this technology. As an example, on the Fujifilm Dimatix it is possible to repair the nozzles instead of replacing the whole print head. This feature allows for a greater lifespan of the print heads.

The ROQ Hybrid can come with a maximum printing size of 500 x 700mm or 750 x 900mm.

The ROQ Hybrid adapts to the type of textile you are printing on. The Z axis can be adjusted (up to 20mm) to make take in account the different height of the textile you are printing on.

To partner with the ROQ Hybrid, ROQ also has a new line of digital inks and products as well the ROQ Studio a RIP software powered by Neostampa.

The best way represent some of the advantages is to give an example. If you have a job to make a print on a dark garment (1 or 2 screens, depending on the opacity needed for the base) with four colour process (4 screens), 1 highlight (1 screen), 1 foil (1 screen) and glitter (1 screen). Instead of needing 8 or 9 screens, with the ROQ Hybrid you will need 1 or 2 screens for the base, 1 screen for the foil, and 1 screen for the glitter. Your print will have digital quality and you will be able to present something that was not possible before, the referred quality with screen printing specific technics. All of this done in perfect synchrony with the speed of a screen printing machine and with 3 or 4 screens, less than half the screens (smaller costs and lower setup times)
The ROQ Hybrid is already worldwide available for order from us directly or any of our agents.
The ROQ Hybrid is a ROQ product. You can get for more information through our website or any ROQ agent around the world.
www.roqdigital.com
ROQ as always supplies solutions. The ROQ Hybrid is the solution for the future of screen printing.
Your life will become so much easier.

ROQ Hybrid Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeO8dM8Q9gI
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 10:20:29 AM by nvenda »
Marketing Manager at ROQ

http://roqinternational.com

Offline Ross_S

Re: ROQ Hybrid - a new dawn for screen printing
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 10:16:57 AM »
So this is comparable to the Paradigm attachment from Kornit for the MHM presses?  Just asking if it's the same idea?  450 sounds faster than what I've seen the paradigm produce.  Is it still a carousel style press or is it moving to an in-line system?

Offline nvenda

• Verified/Junior
  • ROQing the screen printing world since 1983
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 10:19:59 AM »
Yes, the concept is similar to the Paradigm. The specs however are not comparable.
The best is for you to see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeO8dM8Q9gI

Marketing Manager at ROQ

http://roqinternational.com

Offline Ross_S

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 11:02:15 AM »
Very interesting.  So you are using a primer to get the digital inks to stick versus Hirsh who I want to say patented something with IC inks to make that specific white work with the Paradigm?

That print head is much faster as well which is inspiring.  Thx for the video.

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 11:03:46 AM »
What type of inks are used for the base prints?
Can it be used with dark color blended materials or dark color 100% poly shirts?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 11:10:48 AM »
I think this tech is coming along quickly but IMO another version or 2 before this starts even remotely taking on like wild fire.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Ross_S

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 11:37:59 AM »
Personally from watching the video it's already a game changer.  The primer being printed over the base also IMO would eliminate the concern of material (Poly/blend) as long as you can print a good base.

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 12:14:58 PM »
The newest one from MHM is a monster. The print head is the whole width of the shirt and prints the image in one pass. Scott Fresener has a video of it. Not sure of any other details, but either way it seems this is a lot of the tech and research the big companies are pushing. You'd have to assume M&R is considering this same idea as well....?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 02:02:35 PM »
Impressive to say the least, but 3 minutes in the dryer? Seems like an eternity...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Ross_S

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 02:06:34 PM »
3 minutes is shorter than other times I have heard from other manufactures.  Also, consider no screens, no registration, and full color process print.  I'm guessing the price tag will reflect that.

Offline AAMike

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 02:16:53 PM »
I am assuming you could use discharge as a base coat?

Offline Doug B

• !!!
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2016, 02:50:52 PM »
  Can we get an idea of price on one of these monsters?

Offline Steve Harpold

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2016, 07:28:53 PM »
Impressive to say the least, but 3 minutes in the dryer? Seems like an eternity...

Steve

These new concepts are great,

Use a Fire Fly it will allow for a 55s to 1:30s dwell time and has been running on these types of machines for almost 1 year.  It will also allow for the same process to work on 100% items. 

Offline Lizard

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2016, 09:01:45 PM »
I think this tech is coming along quickly but IMO another version or 2 before this starts even remotely taking on like wild fire.

The wildfire is already here and coming faster than you think. But like cts price will be the determining factor of how fast it takes over the market. 
Toby
 Shirt Lizard Charlotte, NC 704-521-5225

Offline Mystery

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2016, 06:33:13 AM »
What a wonderful sales pitch. But how much does it cost....ballpark?