Author Topic: ROQ Hybrid - a new dawn for screen printing  (Read 8632 times)

Online GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: ROQ Hybrid - a new dawn for screen printing
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2016, 07:00:16 AM »
I think this tech is coming along quickly but IMO another version or 2 before this starts even remotely taking on like wild fire.

The wildfire is already here and coming faster than you think. But like cts price will be the determining factor of how fast it takes over the market.

MHM already tried this and it's been to market for a bit now.... it's not taken off remotely like wildfire. Not even like a match. But I do believe this will be something a few versions from now that will be serious. I am a supporter of this idea but it's got some ways to go yet IMO.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2016, 07:49:57 AM »
It all depends on print speed vs cost.  Eliminating white from DTG machines saves a huge headache.  CMYK has been around for well over 20 years. I can remember my 8th grade teacher was amazed when a book report came in with a color printed picture of a lion on it.  Before then it was all black and white laser.

Those heads look huge.  I would imagine they are around $4-5k a piece.  That printer might easily run $50-60k  Just ballparking, and hoping to bait Roq into setting me straight. ;)

Online GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2016, 07:52:21 AM »
I also don't understand making a hype post about a machine like this without any pricing info. Seems used car salesman like.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2016, 07:54:05 AM »
I can tell you, sticker shock.  People freak when they see a large pricetag but never really stop and think how much capability it gives them or how much money it will save/make.

Offline nvenda

• Verified/Junior
  • ROQing the screen printing world since 1983
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2016, 08:03:01 AM »
Hello to all,

There are several technical questions here that need answers. I am going to ask a bit of patience. We are gathering the answers as our team is away from the head office.

Regarding prices, I can see that there is a lot of curiosity but as a global company we work with different agents and markets and we have the biggest respect for the teams we work with; in this case Ryonet.

So you can either contact directly with Ryonet or submit that question through the website http://roqdigital.com/ and Ryonet will contact you directly.

The pricing is not a secret but unlike "used car salesman" we prime for good business practices and respect for our partners as we have for our customers.

So I ask a bit more of patience from you guys as we are doing our best to get all of your technical answers.

PS: we do know some people are already contacting directly with Ryonet about this machine ;)
Marketing Manager at ROQ

http://roqinternational.com

Offline Croft

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2016, 09:18:15 AM »
I also don't understand making a hype post about a machine like this without any pricing info. Seems used car salesman like.

Thats odd I have never seen another manufacturer on here give a price on a new piece of major machinery, M&R certainly doesn't.

Online GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2016, 09:22:59 AM »

Thats odd I have never seen another manufacturer on here give a price on a new piece of major machinery, M&R certainly doesn't.

Goes for all manufactures. I can't stand it. Period. You have something for sale, what is the price. MSRP is even fine. If someone wants it beyond that they will contact you or your distributors.

BTW not long ago M&R just has a post about their new i-Image and they had price listed in the thread.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2016, 01:57:06 PM »

We do give pricing when ask if its a basic black and white issue. If there are various options and features we dont
Rich Hoffman

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2016, 12:02:47 AM »
Looks great but be careful.
Expensive to buy
Expensive upkeep, time and money.
Much slower than screen printing so if you have one or two machines that ar busy it slows down production
If it prints the white base and primer that's great but if not you need to expose and set up screeens for the base, takes time and makes printing smalll amounts on colored shirts uneconomical.
No problem on whites.
For most shops a stand alone DTG might be a better investment
As they say, my 2 cents.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline nvenda

• Verified/Junior
  • ROQing the screen printing world since 1983
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2016, 06:13:00 AM »

We do give pricing when ask if its a basic black and white issue. If there are various options and features we dont

In this particular case there are several options depending on the needs of each company.
Marketing Manager at ROQ

http://roqinternational.com

Offline AntonySharples

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2016, 09:06:57 AM »
This digital add on will never replace screen printing until the costs come down...it's not feasible for 99% of us.  The 1% that can afford and make this happen may become users, and use it well.  The ROI is still years away.

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2016, 12:42:45 PM »
My opinion is you need a DTG that can print white with no pretreat. Once it gets to that, watch out.

Offline Mystery

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2016, 02:09:01 PM »

In this particular case there are several options depending on the needs of each company.

It would be good to get a rough idea of price. How much is the cheapest, entry level version. You could give us a "starting from" price if you like.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2016, 02:22:32 PM »

It would be good to get a rough idea of price. How much is the cheapest, entry level version. You could give us a "starting from" price if you like.

I think that he already said that pricing varies by market, and is determined by their different "partners" around the world. Those here in the U.S. need to pose these questions to Ryonet. (Actually, I'm a little surprised that Ryan isn't in on this discussion. Nothing like free advertising, LOL!)

Yep, here it is in an earlier post in this thread.
Regarding prices, I can see that there is a lot of curiosity but as a global company we work with different agents and markets and we have the biggest respect for the teams we work with; in this case Ryonet.

So you can either contact directly with Ryonet or submit that question through the website http://roqdigital.com/ and Ryonet will contact you directly.

The pricing is not a secret but unlike "used car salesman" we prime for good business practices and respect for our partners as we have for our customers.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Mystery

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2016, 05:15:37 AM »

I think that he already said that pricing varies by market, and is determined by their different "partners" around the world. Those here in the U.S. need to pose these questions to Ryonet. (Actually, I'm a little surprised that Ryan isn't in on this discussion. Nothing like free advertising, LOL!)

Yep, here it is in an earlier post in this thread.

In my opinion if ROQ want to use the forum as a sales platform they should provide some pricing when asked. I agree Ryan is the best person to let us know the "starting price".