Author Topic: Water Base Ink Brand  (Read 2844 times)

Offline BP

Water Base Ink Brand
« on: January 09, 2017, 07:56:39 AM »
What is your go to water based ink brands?
SHIRT HAPPENS!

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Water Base Ink Brand
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 06:19:12 PM »
I highly recommend Permaset inks.
http://www.permaset.com/

Offline JORDANART

• Verified/Junior
  • jordandowningart.com
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 11:44:35 AM »
 I hear a lot of good things about the Green Galaxy inks. Has anyone used these?
 The label artwork is fantastic! Very Retro Sci-fi!

Offline Rob Coleman

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 11:54:38 AM »
In addition to getting guidance from the board, if anyone is coming to the Long beach ISS next weekend, all of the waterbase folks will be there:  MagnaColours, CCI, Wifllex, Matsui, Virus, Permaset, etc....  You could talk directly to the manufacturers. look at prints, etc.
Rob Coleman | Vice President
Textile Business Unit | Nazdar SourceOne | sourceone.nazdar.com
(800) 677-4657 ext. 3708 | Cell (678) 230-4463
rcoleman@nazdar.com

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 12:02:56 PM »
We had used Matsui for years and was always happy with the end results, but we often struggled with the pigments and mixing colors and dried little specs in the ink and screens.

Last year we switched to Green Galaxy fusion mixing system and those problems went away,  it's been a much nicer system to work with. The pigments are not as concentrated and much easier to mix in small batches. 
The color formulas don't always hit right on but I've been getting more comfortable with make adjustments to the formula as I mix. The color in the bucket is usually very close to actual printed color which is also nice.
They also don't require much additives (if any) which is other nice thing.

We are a small manual shop, so that's worth taking into account

Offline JORDANART

• Verified/Junior
  • jordandowningart.com
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 12:08:28 PM »
I really would like to try the green galaxy inks out for one of our long time crossfit gym customers. I just want to provide the best and softest print, since they workout in the garments. No one wants to wear a heavy slab of ink.

Online ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 12:31:24 PM »
In addition to getting guidance from the board, if anyone is coming to the Long beach ISS next weekend, all of the waterbase folks will be there:  MagnaColours, CCI, Wifllex, Matsui, Virus, Permaset, etc....  You could talk directly to the manufacturers. look at prints, etc.

#1 thing i'm excited about seeing at the ISS show.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Rob Coleman

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 07:15:31 PM »

#1 thing i'm excited about seeing at the ISS show.

Stop by the SourceOne booth. We are printing three awesome Magna designs. As well as a couple plastisol and two silicone as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rcoleman@nazdar.com

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 07:18:24 PM »
Aren't the green galaxy just rebranded and marked up CCI inks or has that changed?

Offline Ryan

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 07:23:40 PM »
Aren't the green galaxy just rebranded and marked up CCI inks or has that changed?
Never have been. They are their own brand

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline Rob Coleman

Water Base Ink Brand
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 07:24:32 PM »
Mimosa- green galaxy is out of Canada. To the best of my knowledge, they have never had any association with CCI.

CCI does not manufacture nor sell any high solids H2O either; only discharge and conventional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rcoleman@nazdar.com

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 02:21:08 AM »
Not exactly true...........more later

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2017, 11:25:31 AM »
I stand corrected. I do remember ryonet selling a discharge mixing system that looked identical to the cci inks (same bottles and pigment colors etc) not too long ago...

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2017, 05:03:57 PM »
Yup, the Ryonet CMS Pigment system which was CCI relabeled. You can somewhat get it here and there (depending on Ryonet stock) but best to find CCI through other channels now. CCI is going strong so no worries there.

Green Galaxy is some nice ink to work with as well but now that Ryonet is pushing plastisol again with Wilflex it remains to be seen if they will continue the partnership or start pushing the Wilflex water base series.

Permaset makes nice ink and the guys over at wbiusa.com carries them and now offer Aquo. We have Aquo coming this week and decent sized 1,000+ runs with it so I will keep you posted.

Offline inkstain

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2017, 06:21:44 PM »
I started using Green Galaxy not long ago and really like it.  I was always intimidated from waterbase and now am really liking it.  We just did live posters last night with it and had no problems with it drying in the screen.  Really wanna do it more on shirts.  But usually print darks shirts.  Any tips on using on dark shirts with an underbase?  Probably good for another thread.