screen printing > Ink and Chemicals

? for you printers

(1/2) > >>

Dottonedan:
I am doing a sep job and it's on red tees.  It's sim process and I can use a gray base rather than white (as I have allot of gray in th eprint.

With this being on red tees, I would suggest using a low bleed ink. Does Gray ink already have some bleed resistant properties or should we use a bleed resistant additive in the gray ink?

Frog:
Are these red shirts 50/50? If not, you don't need low bleed ink (I still know of no additive)

blue moon:

--- Quote from: Dottonedan on April 27, 2011, 05:15:12 PM ---I am doing a sep job and it's on red tees.  It's sim process and I can use a gray base rather than white (as I have allot of gray in th eprint.

With this being on red tees, I would suggest using a low bleed ink. Does Gray ink already have some bleed resistant properties or should we use a bleed resistant additive in the gray ink?

--- End quote ---

I was in a same boat a few weeks ago. From what I am told, there is no such thing as low bleed additive. I ended using a low bleed white and added black to make it gray.

pierre

repogolfer:

--- Quote from: Dottonedan on April 27, 2011, 05:15:12 PM --- Does Gray ink already have some bleed resistant properties or should we use a bleed resistant additive in the gray ink?

--- End quote ---

For us we mix all of our grays in house.  So I know ours DO have it in them.  But like frog said unless they're 50/50's I don't think there will be any issues.

Jon

Dottonedan:

--- Quote from: Frog on April 27, 2011, 05:51:50 PM ---Are these red shirts 50/50? If not, you don't need low bleed ink (I still know of no additive)

--- End quote ---

You know, I don't know.  I always fear the worse, but don't ALL deep red shirts migrate a little?  Both 100% and less. I always assumed that even on 100% cotton that the RED migrated a tad (due to the dye) and not so much the cotton content. I understand that polly does not hold the dye as easily and heat releases it even more.

All red shirts migrate a little due to the dye. Tue or False?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version