Author Topic: New M&R oval ?  (Read 5751 times)

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
Re: New M&R oval ?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2017, 11:23:00 AM »
I see pictures from fespa that this oval is there. Looks identical to the Chinese company cntop oval. What's the story is this an M&r or a Chinese cntop?(as to where the machine is being machined, welded, assembled, etc)

http://www.mrprint.com/news/12227-mnr-introduces-the-victoryone-oval-press

http://www.mrprint.com/equipment/victoryone-automatic-oval-screen-printing-press
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline Ross_S

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 11:43:24 AM »
HMMM.  Very interesting press.  When it will it be available State side?

Online GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2017, 11:56:15 AM »
Dannys got a hard on for this one. LOL
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 12:03:08 PM »
HMMM.  Very interesting press.  When it will it be available State side?
They are available as of today here in the states as well.
Rich Hoffman

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 12:45:56 PM »

Not really, just wanting accurate info so people can make informed decisions. I would sure as hell want to know if my machine was manufactured in China vs USA when I'm buying from a usa company.

What is the difference between this machine and a stryker?
Why would someone buy this machine over a stryker?
Why would m&r go with an entirely different pallet system and print head when they've said their current solution(stryker) is the best?
Is this machine RL certified ?

I'm just scratching my head as to why this oval is coming out when the stryker just came out, whats the reason?

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 01:19:29 PM »

Not really, just wanting accurate info so people can make informed decisions. I would sure as hell want to know if my machine was manufactured in China vs USA when I'm buying from a usa company.

What is the difference between this machine and a stryker?
Why would someone buy this machine over a stryker?
Why would m&r go with an entirely different pallet system and print head when they've said their current solution(stryker) is the best?
Is this machine RL certified ?

I'm just scratching my head as to why this oval is coming out when the stryker just came out, whats the reason?

it does say that it is in partnership with a Chinese factory, so I would guess it is made there.

what is RL certification?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2017, 01:56:24 PM »
Typo I meant to say UL instead of RL
Danny Gruninger

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2017, 02:47:38 PM »
M&R has been around for a long time and is responsible for a lot of great stuff. I am sure they have their reasons. And to assume something that is made in China is bad for some reason is weird. Look at your Iphone for example. Anyway, the limited time I was lucky to spend at M&R one day the sheer amount of equipment shipping to China was insane. It was staggering how much was going there. So in a business sense it would be smart to have a factory there to produce and sell there instead of slow boating it across the ocean. For any change in equipment features that is their decision and maybe meeting what the their customers are wanting. I do not run an international company so maybe offering something in China in today's world market it makes sense to offer it everywhere.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2017, 03:48:21 PM »
M&R has been around for a long time and is responsible for a lot of great stuff. I am sure they have their reasons. And to assume something that is made in China is bad for some reason is weird. Look at your Iphone for example. Anyway, the limited time I was lucky to spend at M&R one day the sheer amount of equipment shipping to China was insane. It was staggering how much was going there. So in a business sense it would be smart to have a factory there to produce and sell there instead of slow boating it across the ocean. For any change in equipment features that is their decision and maybe meeting what the their customers are wanting. I do not run an international company so maybe offering something in China in today's world market it makes sense to offer it everywhere.

Not sure that I or anyone said Chinese made is junk. In fact I think quite the opposite as everything I see the chinese make is damn near awesome. This has nothing to do with that. I'm curious as to what the difference between this machine and the stryker is? I would be really pissed off at Roq if I just spent 200K on my oval only for them to turn around and make another cheaper version in china. I'm trying to understand because it seems like the stryker is brand new basically and now there is this. Does that mean something is wrong with the stryker? Again just trying to understand as I cannot wrap my head around it. What is the price difference and feature comparison between the two machines is what I'd like to know as I said it does not make sense to me.
Danny Gruninger

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2017, 07:52:37 PM »
They just released a picture on Facebook six hours ago for the FESPA trade show!  it's called the victory one

http://www.mrprint.com/news/12227-mnr-introduces-the-victoryone-oval-press
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Lizard

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2017, 06:41:56 AM »
I kind of see it like this.

We love our Challenger III and it would be awesome if all our presses were C III,s but in reality the sportsmans do a great job for us at a great price point. Kind of like the roq you. Do you really need a full blown press to be a dedicated sleeve or pocket press to run 1 to 4 colors or will an economy press print just as well at a fraction of the price?

Now M&R has an oval that is more in line with the Sportsman pricing (I hope) rather than the Challenger pricing and features so many people can get into a 20 plus color press that could not have before.
Toby
 Shirt Lizard Charlotte, NC 704-521-5225

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2017, 12:13:54 PM »
The machine is already made in China for the Chinese market so I don't think it's intended for them.

The frame holders are straight MHM and the head lifts are straight Roq. The Chinese are more than capable of
producing quality but in my experience when it's a knockoff that's usually not the case. I could be wrong,
and imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

As far as I can tell none of it is compatible with other M&R machines. Pinned frames so no tri-loc.

Price and the continued threat of a pvc ban is my guess. Though how cheap it will be once the orange one hears of it
is anybodies guess.

Odd route for blue at the very least.