Author Topic: films leaving printer ink on screens  (Read 4590 times)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: films leaving printer ink on screens
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2016, 12:59:17 PM »

for a screen storage room (coated, ready to burn) what are the desired TEMP and HUMIDITY?

Check the datasheet for your emulsion. We have dehumidifier kick on over %40 and heater kick on under 80f.
Right now we could probably use a humidifier. SP-1400, right now the winter version.

https://tkkrlab.nl/wiki/Arduino_KY-015_Temperature_and_humidity_sensor_module

What we used, and if they ain't lying it's pretty good specs.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2016, 01:28:07 PM »
I was told
Temp between 72-80
Humidity under 40.

This seems pretty good for most all.  I've seen shops down to 30-35% that worked well and had even seen shops up at 45-55% that worked well, but they are not the norm. I've seen one dryer cabinet that was being kept at 140 or more degrees. That's way way too hot and works against the screen. Bakes them rather than drying them. The room temp is not (as important) as keeping the humidity down). I've been in some rooms that were 60-65 degrees in winter but as long as you are drawing the humidity out, it's ok.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Hey Monkey

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2016, 04:19:49 PM »
Baby Powder. Problem solved. Works wonders for me and now everything smells awesome :)

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2016, 11:42:46 PM »
Baby Powder. Problem solved. Works wonders for me and now everything smells awesome :)

Not to mention it can pull double duty if ya get chaffed running between the press and dryer  :D
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers