Author Topic: Sep examples, 8 color Channel GIF animation and RGB color build.  (Read 1946 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
This is another 8 color sim process that is a good example of the channels as well as the RGB build.
New customer. The liked the sep work. Very good printers also. They held good detail. The red is a little too orange or It seems to have came out a little lighter than I expected. Had I been on location, we might have changed the color to a richer red. At the same time, it was sampled up this way and approved so don't mess with approvals. ;)

« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 05:22:41 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Sep examples, 8 color Channel GIF animation and RGB color build.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 07:26:28 PM »
Nice one Dan.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 07:02:42 AM »
Nice work as usual. As you said don't mess with approvals but........the actual print did not look as rich in color as probably intended. My highend separators are also off site but we have a good synergy. They have a good understanding of the print process and I have a reasonable understanding of what they do. When that comes together success is practically guaranteed.
Good job!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 02:51:46 PM »
And tony has come up for air.  ;D

Offline myseps

• Master Color Separator
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 02:56:28 PM »
Looks excellent! I'm not sure why you put blue in the grey teeth, but the result came out nice
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 02:58:43 PM by myseps »
myseps.com color separations by Scott D.   Follow me on facebook

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 03:59:09 PM »
I sometimes like to combine small percentages of lets say 8-10% of lighter colors to form one averaged color. I like multiple colors blending together rather than just one halftone color over white. In this case, the attempt was to get sort of a blue/gray color but I don't have gray. The original art was pretty gray. More blue gray in the teeth than white. The print went on multiple colors. Black, Blue Gray etc. So using the blue  shirt color was not an option.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 04:57:22 PM »
It may not be perfect, but what is? It still looks very good to me. I like the low percentage color mix for the gray when there is no gray printer. It also helps the printer decide on pressures, if the gray is tinted one way or another too much, it can be adjusted (to a point) on press.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't