Author Topic: RhinoTech HP2536 Screen Cleaner, does it work?  (Read 449 times)

Offline JJPrint

• Verified/Junior
RhinoTech HP2536 Screen Cleaner, does it work?
« on: February 05, 2019, 01:22:15 PM »
Has anyone used a RhinoTech screen cleaning machine that can offer some advise?

Offline ffokazak

Re: RhinoTech HP2536 Screen Cleaner, does it work?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 02:08:29 PM »
I literally bought an air one last week. Were not getting pressure like the electric one, but it applies the cleaner to the frames.

So far, it has been ok.  One factor is the solvent. The guys I bought it off were using press wash, which is not water soluble, which smells like turpentine. I think A CCI product.

Granted it is a year and a half old chemical in there...

What we do now is place it in the machine, run it for maybe 30 seconds, remove it and agitate the ink, and set it back up to run again for around 1-2 minutes or until they are done with the screen they are working on.  Even the low pressure removes a good amount of the ink and does save some time. Any time you have something running that frees up your hands thats good in my books.

We are replacing the chemical with Rhino Clean Sw210. Thats a great low odor, non toxic product we've used for years. It works as well as nasty dehazers to get out the ghost images, and I think it will increase the efficiency of the machine.  Plus it is water soluble which is a huge deal in my mind, easy to rinse before dip tanks.

Hopefully we can get it to a stage where most of the carded ink is washed away in the machine and a quick rinse before the dip tank eliminates anyone having to scrub ink from the frames and speeds the process up. For what I paid for the machine it is certainly worth a try.